Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lower Hudson River fun run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59877-lower-hudson-river-fun-run.html)

Tantrum 09-23-2003 08:38 AM

Lower Hudson River fun run

Short notice here but I would like to do a fun run this Sunday on the Hudson.
Will leave Stony Point around 9:00am Sunday and head north until whenever. Stop at Kingston or Catskill for lunch maybe.
Let me know if your interested.

Crazyhorse 09-23-2003 08:41 AM

The lower Hudson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is that where they made Hudson cars?

Shane 09-23-2003 09:29 AM

That might just work! Keep in touch.

Tantrum 09-23-2003 09:51 AM

Me, 25 AT
Scott, 26 Sonic
Pure Energy, 30 Sonic
Hotboat, 28 Scarab
Danny, 29 Baja

Are all a go so far, Ill update as I hear from more and figure out a game plan.

CrazyHorse;
I think you confusing the "lower" Hudson with the "bottom" of the Hudson. The "bottom" is were they keep the bodies. ;-O

Shane 09-23-2003 11:08 AM

Tantrum,

I am in with my 24 Skater!

Tantrum 09-23-2003 11:44 AM

Shane
Cool... are you going to bring the Mrs? How is your Dad doing?
Im going to give shwwwingg a call in a few to see if he is interested.

mr_velocity 09-23-2003 01:06 PM

Where is Stony Point?

mr_velocity 09-23-2003 01:10 PM

Never mind. Lower Hudson? I wouldn't call that lower hudson, at least not for us.

Shane 09-23-2003 01:16 PM

Originally posted by Tantrum
Shane
Cool... are you going to bring the Mrs? How is your Dad doing?
Im going to give shwwwingg a call in a few to see if he is interested.

Chris,

No, Kristen won't be coming. She is really sick and is extremely busy with school. I think she is over doing it, but wehave had that discussion and well.....My friend John is coming. My father is not well. He has not yet been breathing fully on his own, the pneumonia, asthma, emphasyma, etc is giving him a really hard time. My mother doesn't want us to come down a help either.
:( I feel really bad cuz I want to help but she is of the old school. Anyway, my father has been hallucinating alot from the medication and they actually had to bring in a security guard. That medicine is so strong it does funny stuff. Anyway, thanks for asking though I appreciate it. See you Sunday. Oh, can you shoot me directions to the marina? I need the roads that I can tow on. Thanks.

Tantrum 09-23-2003 01:31 PM

Mr Velocity;
Its a nice ride...because of the impending hurricane last week the Marina's are bare. Im sure you could get very favorable rate for overnight if you wanted to come up Saturday. The ride up north is beautiful and some of the leaves have already started to change which is just a bonus.

Shane;
Sorry to hear about your Dad, hopefully he will turn around soon and give it the "old School" kick in the ass and be home.

Shane 09-24-2003 06:59 AM

Okay, Jon is out, he is going to the Jets/Cowboys Game. I am looking for someone to run with me. I will keep you posted.

Chris288 09-24-2003 07:07 AM

Originally posted by Shane
I am looking for someone to run with me. I will keep you posted.
I dont have a ride :( :( Hint hint :D :D

Shane 09-24-2003 07:38 AM

Chris,

Weather does not look to good.:( Chris232, that should not be a problem, I'll let you know Friday.

Shane

Tantrum 09-24-2003 07:57 AM

They are saying scattered shower's but lets face it, they arent sure whats going to happen tomorrow. Sunday is still 4 days away.
Unless it turns to thunder storms it is still on for us. This might be one of my last rides besides an LG trip. The new toys will be in soon and the house needs some attention before the cold.

Chris288 09-24-2003 09:25 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Chris,

Weather does not look to good.:( Chris232, that should not be a problem, I'll let you know Friday.

Shane

Thanks for the offer Shane. I missed out on a bunch of boat trips this year. last year was a blast and hoped this summer would be even better, between the weather and now the boat is out of comission it was a pretty bad boating summer..

tripps 09-24-2003 07:17 PM

Bad year is a understatement!!! Five weekends of rain in june and two powerheads:( :( :( Hopefully next year will be better:D :D :D Tripps

Tantrum 09-26-2003 07:47 AM

Tripps, are you running now?
Get that thing over here for Sunday.

All on for Sunday.

hugetime1 09-26-2003 08:52 AM

chris you want to ride in a v bottom, come ride with me. but only if that is you in the pic! lol

Shane 09-26-2003 09:07 AM

Whats the weather forecast for down there Tantrum? Supposed to be really chitty here! I am going to the lake to blow out the sprinklers tomorrow, was planing on working on the sled Sunday due to the rain. If it's going to be nice.......

Chris288 09-26-2003 09:08 AM

Originally posted by hugetime1
chris you want to ride in a v bottom, come ride with me. but only if that is you in the pic! lol
THANKS !!! I already have a slow V bottom why would I want a ride in yours... :D :D :p :p

Chris288 09-26-2003 09:11 AM

Shane just checked the weather for sunday, in croton, newburgh and kingston,,, all say rain and mid to high 60's... looks like chit... looks like saturday is going to be nice though...

Shane 09-26-2003 10:03 AM

232/Tantrum,

Tomorrow maybe? I will see if I can re-arrange my schedule. ANyone else?

Tantrum 09-26-2003 11:54 AM

Unfortunatly I cant swing it tomorrow.
Fortunatly Im not ascared of the rain and still planning for Sunday. Although a touch on the cool side the forcast is only for scattered showers.
Bloody Mary's in Newburgh, Lunch in Kingston or Catskill for us.

Shane 09-26-2003 12:01 PM

Tantrum,

Bring those snowmobile helmets and jackets to stay warm and dry! Have fun. I think I am going to pass.

otis311 09-26-2003 12:25 PM

What about my ride tomarrow /??????

Shane 09-26-2003 12:29 PM

Originally posted by OTIS311
What about my ride tomarrow /??????
otis311,

The rain doesn't look like it will stop till probably around noon tomorrow and I I don't feel like lugging the boat up to the lake in the rain and then back down again and having to clean all up again. What about next weekend? There is also that gathering on Schroon Lake next weekend. Wanna go up with me?

26sonic 09-28-2003 09:03 AM

Today's not looking too good..what's everyone up to? The weather site showed showers up to late this afternoon. I would like to get a nice run in before the end of the season..Maybe next weekend?

Jill