Notices

OT: Lortab

Old 09-23-2003, 11:20 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Lortab

Seems like a lot of OT lately,so I 'll throw mine in. I had a bad fall and hurt my back,almost unbearable pain. My Doctor prescribed Lortab,1 or 2 tablets 3 times a day as needed, A couple of frieinds said that's crazy,you will be bouncing off the walls like your drunk and may get addicted to it,my wife says it makes me act weird. Should I lay off it?
Old 09-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's an awful lot to be taking. One thing's for sure; I'm sure the pain's gone. I was on that after knee surgery and still have some for emergencies. That stuff numbs your brain pretty well.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Registered

FYI, dosage info.
BTW its a combo of Acetaminophen (over the counter pain killer) and Hydrocodone bitartrate (narcotic pain killer, similar to codeine).

Dosage should be adjusted according to severity of pain and response of the patient. However, it should be kept in mind that tolerance to hydrocodone can develop with continued use and that the incidence of untoward effects is dose related.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 2.5/500 tablets is one or two tablets every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 5/500 tablets is one or two tablets every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 7.5/500 tablets is one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 10/500 tablets is one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Registered

BTW, did your wife say you acted weird before you took it too?
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

Good Stuff

The last time it was prescribed to me I was taking 2 10's every 4-6 hours(no other dosage helped). Needless to say it worked but I was a little loopy. I was in some serious pain and no other narcotics would work.

I got off of it as quickly as possible because I could easily see how people could get hooked on it.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i had lower back surgeory 2 years ago and was taking vicoden es for pain before having the cut, this is how it is- pain killers only mask the pain!!! it does not fix the problem- if the pain is as serious as it fells , get a mri , don't risk it . you need to find the cause of the pain. pain killers are metabolised by your liver and it will harden like a rock. i went through pt and all that bull and none of it worked. the knife was the only cure. i still have pain everyday and always will,people take their bodys for granted but when you f$%k something up- ITS F&^KED UP, period. i am not a doctor but i am telling from the experiance, don't think the pills are a cure all, just a make you fell good fix. the faster you find out and fix the problem the faster you will get back to a regular felling body, may not be pain free , but the pills are not the answer. eric...
Old 09-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it can hook you. Your tolerance level will increase substantially at the current dosage. Meaning, it will take more to ease the pain. When this occurs, you should watch it.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Troutly,I quit drinking cold turkey over a week ago so that combinatin isn't a problem,but the Lortab stil l makes me feel loopy even with i
1in the morning and i1at nite,far less than prescribed. I think I'm just going to sweat out the back pain without it. I've had x-rays and an MRI and nothing shows up,gues just bruised ribs. I' not going to take a chance on addiction,I'll just go to some over the counter pain medicin. Only thing worries me is why my doctor prescribed such a high doseage without telling me the possible side effects. Thanks for the input,guys,OSOis more than boats.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Registered

Magicfloat
If it helps with the pain, keep taking it. More pain can cause less mobility, which can delay recovery. Your Doc probably didn't prescibe enough to get you hooked. If you want full info on it, let me know an Email address and I can send it to you.
Gary
Old 09-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A word of warning, though...

I think I see more cases of Hydrocodone (lortab, lorcet, cough syrups, etc.) being abused than any other prescription drug. Maybe Troutly can back me up, here. Also, the people I see abusing it are addicted, and not just looking for a good high. It is more habit forming than people realize -- even physicians. I am not saying don't take it, but knowing what you are dealing with is very important.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.