Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - "Do Not Call" list gets blocked - WTF? >

OT - "Do Not Call" list gets blocked - WTF?

Notices

OT - "Do Not Call" list gets blocked - WTF?

Old 09-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry OT - "Do Not Call" list gets blocked - WTF?

Some Bozo Federal Judge in Oklahoma has ruled that the FTC over-stepped its bounds in establishing the National "Do Not Call" list (which 50 million people have signed up for). The suit was brought by a group of - guess what - telemarketing companies. They're just pissed that they'll have to get off of their a$$es and go get a real job. Government officials expect that the decision will be overturned and the list will go into effect at some point in the future, but woe be unto any telemarketer that calls me after this....

Last edited by C_Spray; 09-25-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, that's just a bunch of crap. That's the best bill that was put on the books so far this decade. Screw the telemarketing industry.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we should find out his number and drop him a line.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

Call him at dinner, just before and just after, then at 7:30 am on saturday morning, then just for kick call all day when he's at work and bugg his wife, then start all over everday with a differnt product. When he tells you that he's not intrested keep asking questions, and then just for kicks call back again.

We have just been telling all of them that those people no longer live her.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Registered

Oct 1st all telemarketers are fair game. Home loans; I rent. Investors; I'm broke. Long distance carriers; I work for AT&T. Life insurance; I scuba dive and race boats. Dance lessons; I have a wooden leg. Credit cards; I'm on home confinement. I think you get the picture. Screw 'em.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Rick252

Thumbs down

I wonder how much this cost the telemarkerters.

That friggin judge has to be on the take. He needs to be investigated

Last edited by Rick252; 09-24-2003 at 04:30 PM.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Charter Member # 90
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy guys, I do agree that telemarketing can be a nuisance and a very disturbing practice but at the same time there are respectable businesses that use telemarketing in a professional manner. I personally run a telemarketing department for the worlds largest whitetail deer hunting organization. (I'm sure that there are also many of you that don't approve of that but that is another issue).

All we call is hunters, what I am saying is we pre-qualify the people we call as best as we can. So usually when we call a home, that person has an interest in our product. We are not calling every home on the block to sell a credit card or long distance service. When someone tells my guys that they are not interested, we simply tell that person to have a nice day. No rebuttals or talking you into something else. Although I am in the telemarketing business, I would never do the home remodeling, credit card, long distance type selling because I agree, they are quite a nuisance at times.

All I am trying to say guys is that there are a few good companies out there in this industry and us good ones have to take the bad rap along with the less reputable.

-Mark
Old 09-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Rick252

Default Millerlite88

I know what your saying, and it's bad that a few spoil it for other legit business'. The problem is, the bad seem to far out weigh the good ones. I have caller ID and I've got to the point that I won't answer the phone unless I reconize the number. I receive around 10-15 calls a day from "unknown" callers and lately as late as 10pm on weekends. Sorry, but if I'm looking for a product or service, I'll look in the yellow pages. I don't need someone to call and try to sell me something.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooooppsss , Millerlite88 is on the Sh*t list now !

Ban him from OSO !

Ban him from OSO !

Ban him from OSO !

Ban him from OSO !

Just kidding !! I think .........

PS. Millerlite88, tell your guys my brother moved 3 years ago ! Quit calling his mother !

Last edited by boot; 09-24-2003 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

"Buckmasters" ?

Quick Reply: OT - "Do Not Call" list gets blocked - WTF?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.