Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!! >

Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Notices

Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hugetime1, I've had BMW's. They break down alot and customer service sucks. Ford trucks haul 8,10,12,000 lbs and more than 200,000 miles easily. Try that with your beamer.
stecz20, find a board where you know what you're talking about. You're obviously out of your field here.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to side with hugetime on this one. It's obvious that you can't tow with a BMW, but still the American carmakers have a lot to learn. (And I even drive a Ford Excursion.)
My wife's last car was a Saab. That dealer bent over backwards to make us happy anytime the car was there for service, which was very rare. They actually ASKED us what kind of loaner we wanted. Going to the beach? Take a convertible. Got some stuff to carry? Take a wagon. I thought it was pretty nice of them, especially considering that both the wagon and the convertible cost more than the 9.3 four door we had.
Take your Chevy truck in for service, and ask them for a loaner C5 convertible. Tell me how loud they laugh.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Isn't Saab owned by General Motors?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes they are....but you could never tell by the way the dealership treated us. For comparison sake, at the time I got her the Saab, I was driving a GMC Yukon. That dealer treated me like I just tried to steal a car from them.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

rainmn, I don't disagree. My point was only about BMW. I just bought a 2003 F250 and never been treated so poorly. I just found out my trade wasn't paid off after over a month. I now have late fees from Ford Credit. I'm now in the process of buying my wife a Volvo, only problem is that the only Volvo dealership is the Ford Volvo dealership where I bought my truck.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bowtie - that sucks that you'd have to deal with the same dealer. Trust me, if my GMC dealer were the one selling Saabs, I wouldn't have bought one.
My wife actually wants a Volvo Cross-Country now. Fortunately, her parents just bought a new house, and the neighbor owns a Volvo dealership. I'll give them a few months to become closer friends before I hit him up for a deal.

Edit - I just noticed you are in Jersey too. The dealership this guys owns is Smythe Vovlo in Summit. Maybe we can get a group rate??
Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok everyone. I didn't think everyone was going to take my comment seriously. I know Mark and that is why I made my comment. AND I think if he knew I were reading his post he would automatically think I would respond the way I did.

That is why I closed my statement with.."Glad you got it fixed and you can splash the boat. Just rattling your chain."

Sorry Mark to have drawn so many lines in your thread. Hope you have fun this weekend with the boat.

Mike
Old 09-26-2003, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Guys, this has become very interesting!

I appreciate all the comments and have had a pretty good chuckle from some!

Luv-N-It, I would not expect anything else from you dude! Driving those Chevy's has messed with your mind!

I did go by the dealership yesterday and brought it to John's attention (service manager) that he owed me money for the excess mileage shown and got a laugh from him. Bottom line, is that if you really wanted to pursue it you would have to go directly to Ford. It is not worth it to me, I am guilty for not saying something sooner when I discovered the problem.

Personally, with this exception I find that the dealers have come a long way and the service level has greatly improved.

I always try to deal with smaller dealerships, not the BIG CITY types and find that if you are a loyal customer they seem to go the extra mile to help. As for loaner cars, I have not seen that in a long time!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is my European vs. American car experience. First off all my Saabs have traveled over 500,000 miles. Yup that is correct over a HALF MILLION MILES!!!! Why is that? Saabs have basically been the same from 1960's tell 2000's The new ones are a totally different car but there are still a LOT of similarities. Volvo is the same way. Look at thier cars and drive lines basically all the same. They have had years and years to perfect things. American car manufacturers tend to feel the need to change design and drive lines every couple years. So they are constantly having problems with their autos.

Now the dealerships. I drop off my F-350 to the dealer I have to drive to the dealership. If I go to Danvers Ford they give me a loaner that I can drive a WHOLE 25 miles a day!!!! I can not even get home with out going over the milage!!! If I go to Walls Ford they give me a unlimited Milage loaner but it is a economy car so work is out of the question while I am driving it. Any upgrades are at my cost. With all the dealers the first day is on me then the warrantee pays for the rental.

Now my Saab. Call up the dealer for a apointment and they send a driver WITH a SAAB loaner car to my house, work, another state, it does not matter. They give me the loaner car and drive my Saab back to the dealer for repairs. The last time we had the loaner my grandfather passed away and they told us to take their loaner car for the trip to NJ if we wanted to NO PROBLEM. This was a over 40,000 dollar loaner that we had. No I can not tow with my Saab but you better believe that if they ever enter that market I will probably buy one of their trucks and get rid of my Ford.

Yes GMC has a stake in Saab and it has already had a slightly negative effect on the product. You can see certain parts of the car that have been "Americanized". However they own less then half (I think actually less then 20% of the stock in that company). It is Sweedish law that says that the Majority of stocks of a company have to be controled by Sweedish interest.

Jon
Old 09-26-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wow;

Dock, find out exactly what caused the problem: electrical or mechanical.

Have this documented so that Ford will give you credit for the mileage overage (if leased), or warranty issue.

If the problem was mechanical such as incorrect gear for the speedo in the tranny- this means the speedo and odometer was wrong from day one.
If electrical the sensor may have gone bad at any time, or if a programming then bad from day one.

At any rate document this and contact the Zone Service Rep!!!!

Also engage a lawyer who specializes in the Lemon Law.

Wannabe in Motor City

Quick Reply: Ford Would Not Give My Truck Back!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.