Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast? >

Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?

Notices

Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?

Old 09-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep's us out of the element ..when needed.....and it makes it nice IF we need to stay overnight on the boat.
Attached Thumbnails Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?-dscf0003.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Registered

Talking

Thanks for the input everybody.

JAFO - Your boat is a bit bigger, but very similiar to
mine. Do you have any other pictures of your
roof?

Any close ups?
Old 09-26-2003, 02:37 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I have a buddy with a 47' Fountain, and he claims to gain 3 mph with his enclosure up. He is running somewhere in the 80's with no problems. I don't know if it is the cold water or aero dynamics?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Air Dog- No close-ups, but a couple of different angles taken when the enclosure was completed...
Attached Thumbnails Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?-image066.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

rear view
Attached Thumbnails Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?-image067.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:29 PM
TeamSonic42

Air......my bimini is straight across also. The front deck does have a v shape. The front clear windshield zips onto the front bimini, and then snaps to the front deck. I have two sets of snaps on the front deck, its not that bad.... one is for the cockpit cover, the other is for the windshield. The same holds true for the gunwhales, two sets of snaps. The arch has snaps for the sides to attach to, and the bimini also has zippers to attach the side curtains. The bimini has a boot that holds the bimini when not in use,and holds it to the arch. Nice set up, and all factory.

As for the anchor on the deck of that boat, it is pretty secure. It doesnt move at all ! Another neat Sonic trait/option !

As for my Sonic, great boat ! Love it. Eats up the rough with no problem. Run thru 4-6's and hardly flinch at speed. Average conditions here on the bay are about 2-3's. Cruiser wakes & strong wind make it 4-6' or more. Just run right thru em. Very impressive ride ! Very stable, very dry, very comfortable ride. Stand up head room thruout the cabin. Cant ask for more....

Hope this helps you out, and good luck with your search & enclosure !

Old 09-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

We had one made for our 280 Velocity and we use when overnighting in bad or cold weather. We have an 8 foot bimini and had side aft and front curtains made up that zip to the bimini They are clear and snap to the exsistin cockpit cover snaps. Make sure that you also have screens in the side curtains so that you can get fresh air and keep the humidity down.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

Enciter,

That is the first cat that I have seen with an enclosure. I bet you get some looks with that.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here is a couple of pictures of a cat with tops. This isn't mine, but I have tops on my cat just like it. This is a close-up side view without the front plastic in.
Attached Thumbnails Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?-davids-campertop-3.jpg  
Old 09-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here is the same cat and tops that show the head room inside - 6' 2". I can run with the tops up at about 55 mph. I can stay warm in shorts and T-shirt down to about 50 degrees. The engine scoops help keep it plenty warm inside.
Attached Thumbnails Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?-davids-campertop-1-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Full Bimini enclosure on a Go Fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.