OT/ I wonder if this would work with a new Cig

Notices

OT/ I wonder if this would work with a new Cig

Old 09-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT/ I wonder if this would work with a new Cig

Man Steals $729K Ferrari After Test Drive - "This took a lot of planning," said Det. Charles Craig
Charlotte Observer ^ | 09/26/03 | Staff Writer

Posted on 09/26/2003 1:32 PM EDT by bedolido

ARDMORE, Pa. - Where do you hide a $729,000 Ferrari during rush hour? That's what police in the Philadelphia suburbs want to know, after a con man drove off with a red Ferrari F50 during a test drive.

The Ferrari F50 - which can hit 60 mph in less than 4 seconds and tops out at 203 mph - hasn't been seen since.

Police theorize it was hustled into a trailer and quickly shipped overseas for sale on the black market.

The company made just 349 of the eye-popping Italian roadsters - described by one car-enthusiast Web site as "part Batmobile, part ballistic missile" - in 1995 to commemorate its 50th anniversary. It was designed to be a street version of a Formula One race car.

The thief, a nattily dressed man who claimed he had flown up from Atlanta and had a limo waiting nearby, took the test drive Sept. 16 without producing a license. The ID, he said, was in the wallet he had left at the airport.

The salesman from Algar Ferrari in Rosemont first took the prospective buyer for a spin, then let him get behind the wheel. During the test drive, the man - clean-cut and sporting a shirt, tie and apparent Rolex watch - pulled to the side of the road and asked the salesman to drive back to the dealership.

When the salesman got out, the thief sped off.

Police were summoned, but never spotted the vehicle. Now they're looking for the con man, described as a 6-foot, slender white male with reddish-brown hair and glasses.

Lower Merion detectives believe he had help.

"This took a lot of planning," said Det. Charles J. Craig, the lead investigator.

Police are also exploring whether the case is tied to similar Ferrari thefts in North Carolina and Long Island, N.Y.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sale contact me
Attached Thumbnails OT/ I wonder if this would work with a new Cig-car.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that my friends, Is why I carry a Taser gun on test drives!

This is the new form of Car Jacking in CA. Why walk up to someone at an intersection and struggle for there used car when you can steal a perfectly good NEW car from the salesperson. A dealership (I wont say the name) out here had a salesperson thrown out of a Porsche996 Turbo a week before another dealership had a salesperson get shot...Yes Shot on a test drive.

I bet this Ferrari Salesperson is selling Kias now!