Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly

Notices

Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly

Old 09-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,303 Likes on 3,706 Posts
Thumbs up Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly

Just got home, a very good time, about 105 boats total. including some big hardware. but first boat to checkpoint #1 24 FT Skater!!! First time in the 24 and must say it was awesome. Thanks again Ryan.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately the 28 Eliminator did not fare as well as you guys. I guess it hooked and flipped ejecting the driver and passneger. I did not see it but was told about it. The small boats sure can haul ass but must be the front at the start, if you guys had been mid pack it would have been a different story. Nice boat though!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How far away was check point #1, 2 miles away???

Sorry to hear of a roll over..

Everyone OK ???????
Old 09-20-2003, 08:31 PM
TulsaLarry

Way to go Ryan and Pete.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,303 Likes on 3,706 Posts

No it was more like ten, but the powers that have the 1500 hp motors should invest in a map, they would have been there first but didnt know where to go. lol
Common sense would tell you small boat middle or back of the pack would suck, but this is why people buy performance boats, to run in the front. Common sense lets them decide where they want to run.every poker run is like that. as for the boat the flipped, 22 ft cougar with a 300, occupants where ok.

big thanks to Mark Hanna AKA Nasty Habit as well.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Registered

yada yada yada.....1 mile 10 miles 100 miles, front , back ,middle , does it really matter....I don' t recall seeing either of you there. Then again I don't look back that often
Old 09-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Registered

Ha! You flat water guys crack me up!!
Old 09-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Registered

glad we amuse you , we are laughing too
Old 09-21-2003, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

ANY PICS OF THE NOR TEC WITH 4 MOTORS???
Old 09-21-2003, 07:28 AM
Registered

The Nor-tech was really nice. I gotta say that every time I have been around Randy Sweers he shows what a class act he is. Super nice guy with immense boat knowledge. The Nor-tech and the 46 Skater battled it out on the last leg of the run....... A very impressive sight!! As it turns out the Skater had broken a 3 inch piece of prop blade earlier in the day but was running it anyway!! The Nor-Tech had the bad ass sound to it, blower lope and big (6 inch) exhaust, man was it loud.

There were a few other really fast boats from Fountain, 2 canopy boats one of which was running in the low to middle 100's. Reggie was there in the morning but I do not know what boat he was in.

The map thing is right, local knowledge was king there. I was #8 to the first stop but did not know where I was going, I just followed the big red cat. As for the rest of the stops, it was easy to blow right past them on the heat of battle. Fuuny thing seeing marine patrol just sit there when you roast past them WFO!! I dont know how they arrange this with them but who is complaining!!

As for the outboard skaters, I am impressed with the speed they produce. I may have to pick one up so that I can go north of silver Glen and race with the crazy locals and their allisons, etc. Do you guys ever do stuff in the ocean?? On flat days of course. I have been out over the summer and its been like a lake I cant imagine how much fun that would be.

Quick Reply: Jacksonville Poker run, Thanks Ryan Beckly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.