Bad Experience with Chad Hill Props >

Bad Experience with Chad Hill Props

Notices

Bad Experience with Chad Hill Props

Old 09-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Bad Experience with Chad Hill Props

In response to a question about propellers in the Technical section, I relayed my BAD experience with Chad Hill Propellers.

In the spring of last year I had the misfortune of buying a 4 blade prop from Chad Hill propellers. Upon testing it on my boat it didn't give near the performance of my Bravo 1 so I sent it back and asked for a refund.

Instead of refunding my money Hill insisted on sending me another prop so I waited, and waited, and waited, for the new prop that they promised would ship next week, next week - always next week.

After about 4 months of broken promises Hill then stopped returning my phone calls altogether. I then took steps to get my credit card company to demand a refund of the $500+ that Chad Hill propellers had charged to my card.

Well, as soon as my credit card company began the refund process against Hill they quickly shipped out something that resembled a propeller in a box marked "as of this date Chad Hill propellers has ceased operations and is going out of business".

Fearing the worst, I decided to have the prop inspected by a professional before I tested it on my boat. I sent the prop to Precision Propellers here in Indy and it was a good thing I did. I was told that the blades were so unbalanced that vibrations would likely break my drive if I tried to run it on my boat, and that there was NO way the prop could ever be made to work, and that no one who knew anything about propellers could possibly have expected it to work.

It appeared to me that the swell guys at Chad Hill propellers had simply thrown together this piece of junk propeller in order to stall my credit card company to buy time while they were in the process of going out of business.

Sure enough, when I tired to contact them regarding their POS prop they didn't answer the phone or return my calls and emails. Soon afterward their phones were disconnected.

So, if you happen to see Chad Hill, or any of the Hills connected with Chad Hill propellers, please tell them for me that IMO they conducted business with me like a bunch slimy slugs and that they still owe me $550 bucks.

And just now after conducting a Google search of Chad Hill Propeller I see that they have a new web site up and running and it looks like they are back in business.

Funny thing though - I can't find a phone number anywhere on the site. I guess that's one way to cut down on those annoying customer complaints!

If you are brave enough to do business with these guys I sure hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad Hill closed up shop. The business is back in the hands of his dad.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron Hill post over at screamandfly.com try over there