Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Schroon Lake Hot Boat gathering this weekend.  Anyone from OSO going? >

Schroon Lake Hot Boat gathering this weekend. Anyone from OSO going?

Notices

Schroon Lake Hot Boat gathering this weekend. Anyone from OSO going?

Old 09-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Schroon Lake Hot Boat gathering this weekend. Anyone from OSO going?

I copied the following from another board hoping to generate some interest.

There will be an informal gathering on schroon lake, in upstate NY on otc 4th. There is a torn down mansion there where all the hot boaters hang out, and they are closing it to make way for a camp ground and park. So everyone is invited to attend for some awsome passes through out the day. There is inexpensive hotels in the area . MacHadden (whos idea THIS WAS) hAS PLENTY OF BOAT PARKING AT HIS CAMP if any one needs or would like to leave their boat there over night.Schroon lake is a beautiful lake just 15 minutes north of Lake George off of I87. Get off on exit 26 go left off the exit. Turn right at the stop sign. go about 500 yds and bear right at the Y. continue on this road for approx 1/2 mile and make your first right. you will go by a WORD OF LIFE CHURCH. continue for about another 1/2 mile and the ramp will be on your left.The ramp will hand 3 or 4 boats at a time and the lot is big. be careful after launching as it is shallow there. IDLE out past the 3rd dock before jumping on plane. Everyone should be there around 8- 9 on sat morning. bring your BB-Q or what ever you want. There is no gas on the lake, but it is close. hope to see ya there.

JIM
Old 09-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

I just spoke to the "better half" of one of the organizers and there is going to be some serious speed goin' on! It is SATURDAY ONLY! I am looking forward to trying to keep up with these guys. No, better yet, getting fast enough film to catch them with the camera because my boat sure as hell won't catch 'em! These little things FLY!
Old 09-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

I just spoke to one of the organizers. There is going to be some REALLY fast stuff there! From Fountains to Tunnels to ModVP's. Pack a sandwich and a cooler and tie up on the beach. It is gonna be a rockin' day!
Old 10-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Registered

A little change in plan. Due to the weather the event has been postponed to Sunday!