Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   this is really funny (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60331-really-funny.html)

hugetime1 09-29-2003 10:00 PM

this is really funny

So this story makes sence you have to know that I am in the investment business. About a year age I went on an appointment at a guys house in saratoga ny, during the whole appointment all the guy did is bad mouth my company and took his frustrations out on me. needless to say we did not hit it off because i don't take **** like that from anybody. knowing that this guy had $350,000 in a retirement account with an other company and under normal circumstances would have been easy to take over and make a nice buck, I decided to give one of the other guys in my office a shot at this guy,I gave his the guys name and number, he called and got an appointment with him for last wednesday. He went on the appointment and had the same problem I did with the guy, the guy was just a dick!, to make a long story short the guy through out my associate. when he got in his car he realized he forgot his laptop inside the guys house, so he went back and knocked on the door (no answer) so he yelled inside ( no answer). He could see his laptop sitting right there at the kitchen table so he went in and got it, when he was in the house the guy came out of no were and went off on him and called the state police so my associate got the hell out of there and went back to the office, only to be met by the troopers who were there to arrest him for breaking and entering, tresspassing, and harrassment. He is now facing up to a year in jail for these crimes.

So what do you guy think of this, I would like your input.

Wasabe 09-29-2003 10:17 PM

That's messed up. I'd get a lawyer and take his retirement.

bucky 09-30-2003 04:02 AM

I must have missed the funny part. I hope your associate comes out OK.

CAP071 09-30-2003 05:40 AM

Strange story

CigDaze 09-30-2003 07:02 AM

Wierd; tight situation for sure. Getting a lawyer is the best thing to do here. I guess technically he did enter without permission. But on the other hand, I would have done the same thing. :confused:

Shane 09-30-2003 07:08 AM

Better call Met's legal department ASAP! Good luck.

Just Say N2O 09-30-2003 07:09 AM

Don't know about stuff like this. If he hadn't gone in to get the laptop, could he have gone after the guy for theft? I know it's a moot point because he went in. Just curious.

JUSTONCE 09-30-2003 09:31 AM

Guy's a dick, but knowing that I wouldn't have walked into his house.

Offshore Addiction 09-30-2003 09:36 AM

he probally should have waited,the guy could have gone to the crapper!and he also should have waited to explain this to the officers!

Clay Washington 09-30-2003 11:05 AM

this is really funny... I guess I missed the "funny" part...

Also, he forgot his laptop... that also sounds strange. How can anyone forget their laptop???

This entire "story" sounds strange. :(