Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Would you northerners please keep your cold weather up there? >

Would you northerners please keep your cold weather up there?

Notices

Would you northerners please keep your cold weather up there?

Old 10-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Would you northerners please keep your cold weather up there?

We "southerners" aren't really interested in sharing it with you! Supposed to get down to 35 tonight, maybe as cold as the freezing mark early next week! Usually, this time of the year is some of the best boating weather around here, with the trees changing color and temps usually in the low 70's during the day. Maybe the folks further south would like to send up some of their warm weather to all of us. Nort - do you mind sharing some of that desert heat with us "huddled masses"?

2003 has pretty much been a suck-ass boating year! I'll be happy to kiss it goodbye come New Year's! (For more reasons than just the weather.)
Old 10-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No argument here. This has been the shortest summer I can remember. Must be that "global warming" stuff.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:55 AM
JnT
Registered

Yes Northerners, keep the cold to yourselves. Were looking at 78 for the high and 58 for the low.Its miserable!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

I had to scrape the ice off my windows before work this morning.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by PatriYacht
No argument here. This has been the shortest summer I can remember. Must be that "global warming" stuff.
I was thinking the same thing I don't think we were able to get out until June now it's near freezing by the end of September 4-months wtf? Do they still have aerosol cans with CFC's in them? Maybe if we all bought some and sprayed them outside it would raise the temps for next year
Old 10-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

Stop complining, it is 60 deg in here, I have on a tee shirt, a long sleeve shirt, and then a suede jacket over and am still cold.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We need to place a tax on any weather patterns that interfere with normal boating weather...
Old 10-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Amen budman!!!!

Cheers to a long 2004 summer! Hopefully with NO rain!!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Registered

Hey South...we are going to run you over with our weather like we did with our army so many years ago. This is just the tip of things, do you honestly think all those Hurricanes, Tornados, Floods and all were an act of God??? Now we are going to freeze you out and take your women We have had enough of your accent, your "you get snow" attitude and general crying so buy a coat and a 4x4 and prepare for a rain of blows that will cripple your entire economy. And I should add....I want in, please let me in, I am cold and I want warmth, I will be forever in your debt, just please let me in there.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Cheers to a long 2004 summer! Hopefully with NO rain!!!!
Well, at least no rain on boating weekends. Things might get a little dry around here otherwise.

Actually - in a way, that's what I'm afraid will happen. You see, we will be expecting our second child in April, so a good part of next boating year will probably be shot for me. And just watch - it will probably be perfect weather on all of those weekends that I WON'T be able to go boating!

BadDog - I like the tax idea! Does that mean that guys who live in places like Florida and Arizona where the nice weather is will have to pay a tax to poor slobs like us who live where the weather is crappy?

Quick Reply: Would you northerners please keep your cold weather up there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.