Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your take on buying stolen things (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/60831-your-take-buying-stolen-things.html)

Clay Washington 10-07-2003 08:08 AM

Buying stolen property is the same as stealing it!

What part of "Thou shalt not" do you not understand? :mad:

Tantrum 10-07-2003 08:29 AM

Bad Karma....take a pass and let the seller know you think he's a dick!

Madcow 10-07-2003 08:35 AM

Originally posted by muffman
What goes around comes around . Sooner or Later!!!!
I agree wholeheartedly. If i'm in a store and they forget to ring something, I'll remind them. I have NO use for theves.:mad:

MitchStellin 10-07-2003 08:42 AM

Yup, let it be. If they took it from someone they may take it from you. You have to be able to sleep at night you know.

Strip Poker 388 10-07-2003 08:49 AM

They ought to do like in other country's and cut things off(like hands -feet) of thieves that will stop that ****.
You never know what you might be buying something that does not work. The person selling may just want to rob you.

Across from our store a guy was washing his car and a guy came up to him wanting to sell some cd,s the guy said no so the thief started stabbing the guy in the head with a knife and peddled off.He came running into the store spewing blood every where ,we called a ambulance and the cops caught the guy riding his bicycle with blood on him down the street. You never know?

martiniboat 10-07-2003 08:50 AM

The worst thing is: your conscience would never let you forget. You can't mess with basic 'sound' principles. (no pun intended:rolleyes: )

Brian

Gary Anderson 10-07-2003 09:52 AM

I personally would biotch slap any of my friends that would buy stolen property. Is that clear enough?
You'll understand once you've had a stereo, car, etc stolen.
Gary

Audiofn 10-07-2003 09:54 AM

As some one that has seen this happen to people MANY times when I had my car audio bus. You have NO idea how people feel when they have their stuff stolen. Ussually it is not the couple hundred or thousand dollar stereo that effects them the most. It is the fact that some stranger in the night broke onto their property and broke into their car and stole their stuff. I have had customers have all kinds of stuff stolen and even one guy that blamed me for stealing his stereo!!! It was stolen the same night he purchased it and the dip **** left the face plate on it!! I just told the guy he was out of his mind if he thought that I would jeprodize my bus for a 150 buck radio.
People stealing stuff also stifles a industry. People do not want nice car stereo's because they are afraid they will get stolen. What is the point of people buying it if they will just find it again. I have had very good luck with tracking down stolen stereo equipment for my customers. I have taken my own money and searched for and put up rewards for the equipment. When I find out who stole the stuff we have done anything from a little vigalanti justice (the best one was getting the guy to pull over in front of all his friends, find the equipment in his car, and called the cops were he was arrested in front of everyone :D:D)
Stolen stuff sucks and it effects the entire economy. I am glad you are passing on the stuff and your mustang driving **** head friend I hope winds up in jail for buying the stuff. He is DEAD WRONG and you are correct, and I thank you for your stand.

Jon

Gary Anderson 10-07-2003 10:10 AM

BTW, why are you even associating with people who would jeapordize their future or life to steal a stereo that they're going to get $50 for? I would biotch slap a friend for just doing that!
Gary

martiniboat 10-07-2003 11:22 AM

Well said Audiofn.

I also forgot to mention the 'emotional' element of being stolen from. That feeling is one of the lowest, dirtiest most violated feelings ever. Anyone who has been a victim knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Even the small, seemingly insignificant items that I've had 'walk away in the middle of the night' really hurt. The knowledge of someone coming onto your property and stealing it really bothers me and for some time after the act as well.

To quote John Travolta in his role as a gangsta' in Pulp Fiction: "it'd be worth them doing it just so I could catch them doing it" :eek:

B