O/T Ryan Newman does it again >

O/T Ryan Newman does it again

Notices

O/T Ryan Newman does it again

Old 10-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question O/T Ryan Newman does it again

As much as I love to see Ryan Newman's Dodge Intrepid win race after race, controversy is closing in on him about possible cheating. My question is how. How could he get more than enough fuel in his tank to finish a race in which no one thinks he has enough fuel to finish? Are there hidden lines? fuel in the roll bar? Squirters in the carburetor closed off? or are the Penske Dodge engines superior? NASCAR has yet to find anything illegal with his car so what do you think?

Roby
Attached Thumbnails O/T Ryan Newman does it again-newman_burnout_xl.jpg  
Old 10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think when dodge get's some initial kinks worked out they could rule Nascar again like they did in the day's of the Superbird. But Nascar won't let it happen again for long.

Now they need to let em throw a 426 HEMI in that bad boy and back the stands up
Old 10-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Registered

No doubt on both points. I switched from being a die-hard GM (Chevrolet ) fan to Mopar. Hell the Dodge Intrepid itself drives so much better than the Taurus, Monte Carlo or for that matter any domestic car under 30K. I love what they have done with the Dodge Ram too

Roby
Old 10-06-2003, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

robyw1 I hope they don't find that team to be cheating
it would not be very good for that sport. We have had teams cheating in boat racing and in the end they always get caught and it takes time to get over them. But his gas mileage does make you wonder. I personally
don't think he's that great of a driver, He has outstanding equipment but my money is on Dale Jr. To me now that boy can Drive!! Jo
Old 10-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Registered

Oh you can bet that they give the winning car an anal exam. I'm sure he is not cheating and I don't say that because he is my favorite driver. But if you go to NASCAR.com it is being suggested by his oponents.

I say GO NEWMAN

Roby
Old 10-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Didn't Jeremy Mayfield run the same distance this time? Another Dodge but he's not on the same team so unless both teams have figured out the same way to cheat . . .
Old 10-06-2003, 03:15 PM
hauling ass-a

I'am a diehard nascar fan, and i still can't figure out how he does it? I was at dover when the cars need fuel between 65 -90 laps and he ran 106 to win the race. Now i ask how is that possible. It is like tony stewart said yesterday " it's a sad day when the fastest car loses!

Old 10-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

That's true, That Bill Elliot was disposing of everyone. And yes Mayfield did fuel atthe same time Newman did come to think of it. As much as I like Newman I was kinda pulling for Elliot as well.

Roby
Old 10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Registered

I think the only reason the competition is raising questions is because Newman has won several races this year because he could run further on the same amount of fuel. The extra mileage he is getting appears to be substantial.

Dean
Old 10-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Registered

There are several things to consider. First watch Newman drive. The guy is like a robot out there. Super smooth, very consistant, incredible concentration. Then there is the methodical Penske. I would not be suprised if Ilmore is not helping out with engine development. If they can get more power out of the engine, and stay within the rules, they can run a little taller gear. The taller gear is going to get you more mileage. The same thing happened in the IRL. Chevy could not get the job done with their engineering package so they turn to Cosworth. This is easy stuff for Cosworth and they come up with a package with more power on less fuel. I bet Penske and the boys did the same thing, maybe with the help of Ilmore. This is just a hunch. I know nothing for sure.

Quick Reply: O/T Ryan Newman does it again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.