Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   L.i. Boat Builders Which Is Best? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61145-l-i-boat-builders-best.html)

ducati750 10-10-2003 12:09 PM

L.i. Boat Builders Which Is Best?

I am considering buying 23-24ft boat for South Shore usage. I want somewhat good rough water boat with 60-70mph? capabilities and would even consider Kryptonites ceneter console. I would like to use local builder?? Kryptonite, Superboat, Etc?? Are they worthwhile? Any others? I would go with either I/O or outboard. How do they compare to a Pantera or Donzi?? There are so many brands that almost appear to have same basic hull it is difficult for someone with no boat experience. Thanks I might even consider a 21 if it can handle waters??

WesSmith 10-10-2003 12:32 PM

Call me on my cell at 516-647-2596....

I have a great deal for you on a boat from one of L.I.'s premier builders !!!

- Wes

Stormrider 10-10-2003 01:01 PM

Are you looking to buy new or used?
There seems to be a nice 24 pantera on Ebay.
I can only see a few advantages of buying a boat
from a local plant. I would look for the best finish and quality.

RumRunner 10-10-2003 01:08 PM

John over at Superboat is a great guy to deal with, and builds a great boat for the water up there.

ScottB 10-10-2003 01:44 PM

Superboat and Kryptonite are great boats

diamonddaveF170 10-10-2003 01:47 PM

Activator is out there .
If you go to the raccers Milling Area , There is a 27 Activator 2002 with 35 hours on it currently on auction.
Value over 70,000 and currently at 38,000.
Can't buy a new 24 footer for that.
Activator's love rough and calm water
has a 500 HP and can do in high 70's - low 80's
depending on what prop you use.

laster 10-10-2003 03:26 PM

Absolutely do contact Wes Smith. He is offering a hell of a deal on his boat and it certainly fits your criteria. :cool:

ducati750 10-10-2003 04:13 PM

I can't get bigger than 24' for space reasons but am open to used. Any quality issues with Superboat or Kryptonite I know they are small companies??? Thanks as I can use all the info I can get.

Sean 10-10-2003 05:08 PM

24 superboat is probably your best bet. they're built extremely well, but i know the older o/b boats need alot of power to go fast---a guy out by me had on with a pair of 2.4s and I think it was somewhere in the low 80's

Kryptonite doesn't build a performance boat smaller than 27'

if you've got the space though, i'd have to recommend Wes' boat. I've been on it, run it and it's in NEW condition.

wayne 10-10-2003 06:11 PM

I dont want to start a war here but Progression is the best quailty hands down !!! The progression might be on the high end of the price range but you get what you pay for ( as in life ).. Go to each builder and see what type of materials they use , see if can you buy there materials they build with at home depot or is it real boat stuff , compare apples to apples . Remember, you can always find a cheaper boat , if thats what your looking for . I remember one guy on here bought a Long Island boat beacuse it had a free winterization , can you believe that . GOOD LUCK !!