Notices

Alisyn Synthetics Oils

Old 10-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alisyn Synthetics Oils

I've been an OSO member since Oct 2000, member # 67 or something like that. I've read most if not all of the posts and comments, both pro and con about the use of synthetic oils. The engine shop that maintains my engines recently did an oil change for me with Alisyn oil. They did the oil change at their sole expense because they wanted me to see what it might do for me. They believe very strongly that it truly is a better lubricant than all the others. That includes Royal Purple, Red Line, Amsoil, and the rest. Of all the forums and posts I've read here, I've never seen anyone talk about Alisyn oil. In fact, before my last oil change, I had never heard of Alisyn. The test data and specifications listed on their website are most impressive. After all, it is their website.

I recommend, to anyone looking for a better lubricant, go to www.alisyn.com. Check it out and add some comments here. My own experience is very limited and recent so I'm hoping someone here can offer some feedback based on their own experiences with Alisyn.

Who knows, it just might be the real deal.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd consider yourself lucky you got the free oil change! I'm not familiar with this company either. The info on the site looks good, but it's vague. They really provide no real technical info that I saw. Specifically what oil are they comparing it to? Tested by an independent lab? I'm sure it's good oil, but I won't be paying $9 a qt for it! If those numbers on shear and friction are correct and these numbers are compared to a good syn. oil, then you SHOULD see a performance improvement by cutting the oil friction almost in half. You tell us... what did you see???
Old 10-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're member # 66
Old 10-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Registered

I won't be paying $9.00 a qt either. My shop said about $7.00. Oil changes will definitely be more expensive if I choose to stay with the Alisyn oil since each engine requires 8 qts. I've only put about three ( 3 ) hrs on the motors since the oil change so I don't have any significant findings to report. My engine idle has gone up a little. Oil pressure pretty much the same as previously. ( I have been a 15/50 Mobil1 Synthetic user for years ) valvetrain noise is virtually non existent. I have twin 502's with all Crane valve train. Gold rockers, roller lifters/cam, Inconel and extreme duty valves, pretty good stuff. I really did not expect the oil to make too much if any difference in performance but perhaps it will. What I'm really hoping is that my motors will last me a lot longer as a result of using the absolute best oil I can use and changing oil frequently ( 25hr intervals ).

I'll post my experience with Alisyn here soon. Too bad it's not summertime anymore because I'd have some good experience in a day.

Is Alisyn the best. I certainly don't know. But, I believe it is worth looking at to find out if it can deliver on it's promises.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered

Pure Energy,

Oh well, what's a couple of numbers between old friends ?

Last edited by deboatmon; 10-10-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd save your money. Mobil 1 is used by most of motor sports top teams. Even though it's free (all oils are free to top teams), they will always use the best available. How many are using your oil? Stick with Mobil 1 and change it at frequent regular intervals and wear won't be an issue. That is unless your guys are going to continue suppling you with free synthetic oil!
Old 10-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran there type 2 gear oil in my Imco b1 drive . The prob i had with it was it foamed real bad, and there was not any water in it. I lot of the outboard drag racers use it .its thin you could spin the prop like it did not have any thing attached.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Registered

SS930
There's always doubters. There's always someone who says don't do this or do that. I didn't say either. All I said was here's another oil that seemingly no one here has seen or tested. If your reasoning is based on "because they use it" then if you like that, OK. Have you tried Alisyn ?

For me, I'm always open to, at the very least, take a look. When synthetic oils were first introduced, many said, "all the Indy cars and Stock cars use petroleum based oil, so it must be the best". I guess they were right ! Yes ! Or, maybe not.

If that's what you believe, that's great. For me, I'm taking a look. And I'll take a look at the next and the next. That's just the way I am.

Technology makes improvements all the time. How will you ever know if somethings good or not if you don't research it a little.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

Baker Engineering (Cat-Can-Do) uses the Alisyn product I believe and they recommended it to me after they rebuilt my motor and drive. I don't have a ton of experience with it so I can't report results.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, couldn't resist

Quick Reply: Alisyn Synthetics Oils

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.