Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baha mach 1 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61230-baha-mach-1-a.html)

kevin285 10-11-2003 06:20 PM

Baha mach 1

hi

Ive been checking about the internet reviews etc and wonder what is thought generally of the baha Mach 1 260 and 290.

Ive heard some dog reports on teh quality of them but others saying that they are ok.

so anybody out there with actual experience of them would be much appreciated.

are they made ok? what is there offshore performance /pedigree in bad sea conditions? are they raciong or run abouts more?

what sort of performance would a 290 have with a 7.4 litre with bravo three. I know you can work out theortical max speed by deviding maximum engine revs by gerabox ratio and then multiplied by prop pitch then devide by 36 devide by 1760 and then multiply by 60 to give mph of a particular boat, so can someone give me the gearbox ration of a standard 7.4 merc with bravo leg and sort of pitch prop on a 290 with this engine (i was thinking about 24-26 pitch but unsure).

any info much appreciated

Kevin

SS930 10-11-2003 06:24 PM

Puder, you didn't fool us... we know it's really you!!!
:D :D :D

kevin285 10-11-2003 06:49 PM

Im confused now!

Kevin

wwwTOPDJcom 10-11-2003 06:50 PM

Originally posted by SS930
Puder, you didn't fool us... we know it's really you!!!
:D :D :D

LMAO :D

kevin285 10-11-2003 06:52 PM

Have I inadvertently said something funny because it was supposed to be a serious question.. let me in on the joke or ill skunk off rather embarrassed

kevin

kevin285 10-11-2003 07:04 PM

hi

is there nobody out there with a view on these boats, any info would be great.

TEAMBAJA 10-11-2003 07:18 PM

Originally posted by kevin285
Have I inadvertently said something funny because it was supposed to be a serious question.. let me in on the joke or ill skunk off rather embarrassed

kevin

Dont let him get away with calling you puder! Fire back at him! Your allowed to!:D

kevin285 10-11-2003 07:21 PM

Being from the UK I have no idea what a puder is!! lol.

I take it it isnt flattering!!! probably similar to what might be known over here as a tosser!lol

SS930 10-11-2003 07:25 PM

Kevin,
Puder is a member on the board who sometimes makes an error or fifty in his typing.:D Your first post had a couple of errors in it that just reminded me of something Puder might have posted... only done much better. Please don't feel embarrassed, I was just hoping that Puder saw my post. Please don't be offended.;)

Sorry, I don't have an info on these boats. I did bid on one that was on ebay a couple of months ago, but much to my surprise it got out of hand. It was a 29 with a 454. I would guess you're looking at about a 55 mph boat with that mild power.

SS930 10-11-2003 07:26 PM

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
Dont let him get away with calling you puder! Fire back at him! Your allowed to!:D
:p :D :D :D

kevin285 10-11-2003 07:30 PM

Ah if its only someone who types badly then its not as bad as i first thought!! its late here and I have fat finger syndrome which makes typing hard

SS930 10-11-2003 07:43 PM

Sounds like you may have a guilty conscience??? A Puder should not be confused with a Puller. :D

Don't worry about the typing, we're just picking on Puder.

So are you thinking about buying a 29' w/ a 7.4L? If so, what is the seller claiming for top speed?

kevin285 10-11-2003 08:23 PM

Hi

about 60mph, but from what ive read in some reviews it may just fall apart at that speed!!

are they serious offshore boats or are they
look- a -likies that arent really up to a serious job.

Kevin

kevin285 10-11-2003 08:41 PM

By the way what is a 'puller' is it someone who does well with the ladies ( as i would use the term to mean) or is it much more derogatory than that!

by the way i havent got fat finger syndrome i just have fat fingers, if you put syndrome after something like that it desolves all responsibility from me.

by the way in last few posts i would have inserted a smiley face here and there but havent got that far in learning the system on here.

kevin

Budman 10-13-2003 10:51 AM

Kevin,

Try using the search button on this forum and you might turn up a few threads pertaining to Mach I's. From what I recall hearing about them, they are a good lake/river boat, but like many boats in this category they might not be up to handling rough ocean conditions for any length of time. I think there are a few members of this board who own or have owned them (MachIShorty comes to mind). Not sure of top speed, but with a stock 7.4 and a BIII in that size boat, I would think somewhere in the 55MPH range.

Chris288 10-13-2003 11:13 AM

I read an article about them in boating. They are basically junk. they use a lot of wood (seats, flooring), glued carpets and dont hold up well.. maybe in a lake, but its definitely not an offshore boat.. just what I heard...

East Coast B 10-13-2003 11:39 AM

I have a 1998 Mach 1 260. Bought it new in 2000. It is definitely not an offshore boat. It does not have the deep hull for that. It's more of a sporty looking functional runabout. It does offer a lot of boat for the money. Lot's of cockpit and cabin room, better than most!!! We're big on the creature features. The only warranty work I've had done has been for mercruiser parts. The boat itself is still like new. I will agree that it is not the caliber/quality of many boats out there. There are a bunch of things they could easily have done a better job at doing. Overall, I've been happy with the boat for the money. It's been a good intermediate boat while we prepare for something bigger. We went from a 22' to this 26 and now anxious to move upward to 31 or 35.

Griff 10-13-2003 12:37 PM

OSO member "Shorty" has a 290 for sale in the boats for sale section. It has a 454mag and runs about 60mph--I think. It is extremely clean and well taken of. The boat has a huge cabin and handles rough water well.

Griff 10-13-2003 12:39 PM

Originally posted by Chris232
I read an article about them in boating. They are basically junk. they use a lot of wood (seats, flooring), glued carpets and dont hold up well.. maybe in a lake, but its definitely not an offshore boat.. just what I heard...
You mean just like Baja's use, right??????:D

kevin285 10-14-2003 08:08 AM

Many thanks for all the input on this much appreciated..

kevin

Sydwayz 10-14-2003 08:47 AM

I am pretty sure East Coast B's is for sale, and it is in great shape.

Shorty 10-14-2003 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Chris232
Maybe you should do some research instead of spouting hearsay...

...follow the link and learn. XL Boatpanel stringers, deck, & transom... guaranteed rot free for life. Drop down bolsters are molded plastic. Largest cabin it it's class. And if it can handle the 4' chop at LOTO on the holiday's, it will take 4'rs anywhere.

1987pachanga22 04-21-2011 11:48 AM

Ok let me say this, for the money you are going to get a good boat that can handle rough water conditions. What I call rough water conditions is 0-6’ chop. I have an older 1990 290 that is in fair condition. I have replaced the sun pad and a 24”-24” portion of the floor and have spider cracks in the gel coat around the windshield and swim deck. But!! Nothing more than any other boat built around the same time and used in the same conditions. Baha boats make a wide variety of salt water fishing boats that work great and hold their own compared to more expensive boats, so yes they know what they are doing. Yes they use wood but so do most other manufactures that try to keep cost down for the buyer. What you are looking at is a 60mph boat that will last a long time if taken care of and with its added weight provides a smoother ride in rough waters. PS if you want a real OFFSHORE BOAT then 26’-30’ is not an option so don’t judge them in a category they aren’t even in to begin with.

low_psi 04-21-2011 12:17 PM

pachanga, you do realize you replied to a thread that is 7+ years old, Right? :lolhit:

SS930 04-21-2011 01:21 PM

I miss having Pudder around, reading his posts was like trying to solve a word puzzle! :D