Notices

Computor Guys Help!!!!!

Old 10-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Computor Guys Help!!!!!

My Dell Computer went hay wire and after talking to the tech. on the phone for about 2 hours he determined that it was my hard drive. They mailed me a new hard drive and told me to install it and call them after it was installed and they would walk me through installing my programs. I installed the new drive and after a 4.5 hour conversation with some guy from India that had me remove all the connections in the computer, switch wires from one thing to another, with no results he tells me my computer is not responding to the new hard drive. Then he has me lying on my back in the floor removing the modom, then the sound card, then the driver for the monitor. I finally through the white flag when he said OK this is going to get tricky, we need to remove the power supply to access more things to remove from the mother board. I told him that this was a little more than I think a consumer should have to do to his computer that he paid extra to get an extended warrenty for. He tells me they will not send a tech to my home until we (meaning me) determine what the problem is. What should I do I am not a computer tech nor do I want to be.

Last edited by Velocity Mark; 10-16-2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

How old it is?

If it's new enough I call Dell and talk to a supervisor. Have them send a new one.

If it's over 2 months old, I'd do what the customer service guy says to do. I'd also do it late at night so there are no other distractions.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered

I think the guy you talked to is an idiot!!!

You are getting into some areas that can be very tricky and it is very easy to damage the motherboard. They should be sending a tech to look at this.

Like Ron P said, ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR!
Old 10-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mark,

i had the same exact problem with a customer's Dell about a year ago. the only difference is, i went through what you are going through for nearly two years. the pc was just plain bad...right from the start. it took them two years to fess up and send us a brand new pc. my customer threatened to sue, put up huge signs in from of his business...you name it...

we had a list of support calls 2 pages long and documented every problem. in those two years, we replaceed every single part on that computer...hard drive, CD rom, floppy drive, power supply, mother board...it would work for a little bit and then just plain crap out...

the best part about it...i am a pc tech and i couldn't figure it out... they had me chasing my tail for two years.

do yourself a favor, demand that they replace the pc and speak with whomever you need to.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Registered

The computer is about 2 years old but I bought an extended warranty! I demanded to speak to a supervisor last night and was told that I did not need to speak to anyone else that they would tell me the same thing. When I refused to remove any more parts they finally said that there manager was in a meeting and they would have him call me back in about 1.5 hours. That would have been 11:30 my time. I told him I did not care I would wait up for him to call. I am still waiting!!!!!
I will never buy another Dell computer. I just want to know who they talk to to get the Award Winning Customer Service that they brag about, it sure was not me.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered

Demand that they do something about the PC. You purchased the extended warranty service for reasons such as this and it is their job to see that it is fixed. Sometimes they'll provide on site support depending on your warranty stuff....if not I know you can ship it back in for them to take a look at it.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:46 PM
homan

had the same problem try to call earlier if calls are made at night that's where they get transferred to. Any way my problem ended up being software, I had to remove all programs and reinstall them all.

Old 10-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Registered

i would call them back and tell them you are shipping it back to be fixed thats why you bought the extended warranty and dont have a clue how to fix it. that would be like chevy telling you will will ship you a new tranny have fun putting it in. the parts inside the pc are cheap if they charged you for an extended waranty they should fix it.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:14 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

call them back and ask for a supervisor.

next time buy you coputer thru dell biz services. The biz customer support is MUCH better than for home users.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Registered

Finally after talking to 3 more people at dell I got a supervisor named Jack. First question I asked him was were are you located, INDIA Oh boy here we go again. After explaining to him all that I have been through and all the time that I have spent on the phone he says, I think you are entitled to a replacement but I have to have a manager from USA call you back. That call is supposed to happen tomorrow at 2:00pm. If I am back on the board it will be from a computer at work.

Quick Reply: Computor Guys Help!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.