Notices

Paging Stormrider

Old 10-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Paging Stormrider

Check you PM box. I tried to reply to your message and your mailbox was full. I'll send the reply again when I get back home on Thursday night/Friday AM.

Will
Old 10-15-2003, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey hot duck, you have some bad ass boats and one bad ass f-450.... very nice. im looking at the 350vsthe 450 myself. what size alcoas do you have on there...
Old 10-15-2003, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow. Thank you for the compliment. The wheels on the 450 are 19.5" and are the factory aluminum wheels. The 450's and 550's come standard with 19.5" steel wheels, but you can order the aluminum ones right from the factory. I went with the 450 simply for the heavier suspension and larger brakes. My old 350 pulled the boat fine, but did sag a bit in the rear. This 450 pulls even better and does not sag at all. But, here is the advantage. The 450 stops better than the 350, hands down. Any vehicle can get the load going, but controlling it and stopping it is the key.

My truck came from Joe Eskridge @ Parkway Ford in Winstom Salem, NC. I shopped the East coast from South Carolina to NY and this is where I got my best deal, by far. These guys carry these truck on the lot with just about any bed you can imagine. Obviously, they can order any truck you want as well. They can also add any option you want before you take delivery. This way the truck is set up exactly how you want it when you go to pick it up.

The truck (cab and chassis) was delivered to them. They installed the bed, the running boards/flares, bug shield, vent shades, electric brake controller, trailer hitch and the Transfer Flow auxilary fuel tank and system. The truck now carries 74 gallons of fuel. Great for towing on long trips! All said and done, this truck was not any more expensive than a loaded 350.

The picture below is the truck that I test drove @ Parkway. I ended up ordering mine b/c I wanted some different options.

Here are a few links to check out. Feel free to e-mail or PM me with any questions.

Will

Parkway Ford

Transfer Flow

Ford Fleet Trucks
Attached Thumbnails Paging Stormrider-1.jpg  
Old 10-15-2003, 01:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One more site. This one is very helpful. It will give you lots of info about the 450's.

Ford Commercial Trucks
Old 10-15-2003, 07:37 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Will,

I cleaned it up.
Thanks.

Rob
Old 10-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Registered

hey duck thanks so much for the helpful information. my bro is looking at the 550, and im leaning toward the 450. we both need the truck for work as well as pulling the boat. both are great, 350 does not have enough ass, but still a great ride. post some pics of the bad ass boat of yours on my thread, cigarette owners check in. i would love to see your ride. good to see everyone's toys. thanks again for your 2 cents. great sites.... dave
Old 10-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I went with the 450 because it actually has a higher towing capacity in the 4X4 model than the 550. It is only a hundred or two hundred pounds or something minimal like that, but it may make a difference if randomly checked by the highway patrol one day. You never know.

As requested, I posted a picture of the past and current Cigarettes on your thread. Here is a picture of the current Cigarette and our new Apache project.
Attached Thumbnails Paging Stormrider-pair.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 10-16-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Registered

nice project, must be good to be you.....very nice.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The only problem is that the bank owns both of the boats. They just let me keep them from month to month for a small fee!
Old 10-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Registered

i think you should be my mentor, teach me allmighty one......

Quick Reply: Paging Stormrider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.