Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   a heart warming thank you! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/61484-heart-warming-thank-you.html)

puder 10-15-2003 12:50 PM

a heart warming thank you!

Someone who teaches at a Middle School in Safety Harbor, Florida forwarded the following letter. The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly.

An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize, and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all human kind.

Dear Safety Harbor Middle School;

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon.

I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged.

All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me.
God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears.

She asked if she could listen to mine, and I said f*ck you.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,
Edna Walters

Sydwayz 10-15-2003 01:03 PM

:D :D :D :D

HiPerf2000 10-15-2003 01:15 PM

:D :D :D :D

CigDaze 10-15-2003 01:20 PM

LMAO! :D :D :D :D

WARPARTY36 10-15-2003 01:30 PM

That is too funny! I know how old people are about their radios. My grandfather was at a stop light one day, when some fine young black men pulled up vibrating windows for blocks with their stereo. He always had his "boombox" on the seat next to him listening to his John Phillip Sousa march music. He cranked the volume, rolled the window down, and hung the boombox out the window straight at the brothers.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Fortunately they laughed and turned their radio down. He thought it might be a good opportunity to use the hand cannon that he kept under the seat!

CAP071 10-15-2003 05:02 PM

the hand cannon that he kept under the seat!
Sounds like a PIMP from Philly :D

Airpacker 10-15-2003 06:01 PM

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE :)

BajaRunner 10-15-2003 06:12 PM

:D :D :D Im with troutly

fatdaddy 10-15-2003 09:42 PM

Hey, that sounds like my grandma.

robyw1 10-15-2003 10:03 PM

:D:D:D

Roby

Danny Usnik 10-15-2003 10:09 PM

Re: a heart warming thank you!

Originally posted by puder

I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged.

All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me.
God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

You A$$hole. You got me all the way til that F**k you line. I was thinking " Man, that's beautiful." Then, " That SOB,

I should have known better.

LMAO,

Over & Out,
Dano

Wardey 10-15-2003 10:34 PM

:D :D :D That's my neighbor's in Safety Harbor for ya !!!!Dave