Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
...and now for something completely different... >

...and now for something completely different...

Notices

...and now for something completely different...

Old 10-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up ...and now for something completely different...

as in uplifting and positive. No one passes on (rest in peace), no destuction, rip-off tales or pissing matches. Sorry. I bought a boat in early August from Erickson Marine in Hastings Minn. I am in N.Y., on the St. Lawrence River...1200 miles away. I bought this new leftover 353 Formula sight-unseen, based upon my conversations with Eric Lundgren in sales. OSO's own Troutly played a role in this deal, as he responded to a thread I posted "where are all the leftover 353's". He gave me a heads up and took a closer look at the boat for me. The original number on the boat was fantastic...further negotiations made it even sweeter. The final $ and terms were agreed to on a Monday afternoon...the boat was in my yard Fri. evening. Eric Lundgren put everything together, and put the boat on the road to meet us halfway, in less than three business days. I'm sure we both broke the speed limit getting to Fed Ex at least once. The commitment to get this done in record time was mutual. Eric L. and Erickson Marine really performed! In that time this never-splashed boat was run 4-5 hours and a cam sensor failure dealt with also! I can't say enough. Need more? I cleaned the boat after the road trip, checked everything over...the batts were junk pretty much after sitting for 18+ months since the boat was built. I put a couple batts in it, mentioned it to Eric..."no problem" send me a copy of your receipt I'll get a check right out to you"...I did...he did. I had some issues with the cosmetics of the boat, shrink wrap scuffs, overspray (factory), some environmental dirt in the deck that wouldn't wax out, nothing serious really...I just wasn't happy with it's appearance. ( I think most would have been ). I had already made arrangements to have the boat professionally buffed and the paint detailed, if necessary..at my own expense. I told Eric all this...he took me seriously from the get-go, and I have been 100% reimbursed for the expense...The bottom line...they sold this boat most likely at a loss, but have not let that stop them from looking after me after the sale...even long distance. Two HUGE thumbs-up to Eric Lundgren, and Erickson Marine! Don't we all feel a little more positive now about this crazy, all consuming sport of powerboating and the people involved?
Old 10-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow! That's unreal. Thanks for posting that. It's good to know.

Buck
Old 10-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Post !! and Good luck with your new ride

I've always loved the 353
Old 10-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great news... good to hear this!
Old 10-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Registered

It isn't often that things like this happen, glad to hear that there are some good guys in the industry.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Glad to hear this. I know you will be even happier now with what sounds to be a great deal on the boat . Congrats!

Jan
Old 10-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I just posted this on another thread, but I thought it has merit here too. This is a great post.

"It seams like every dozen boat deals that happen everywhere, one has a pretty significant kink. But you know, I find that in EVERY business; boats, cars, homes, and even telecommunications security, which is my bread and butter.

Problem is not too many folks blab about good business as they are out happily enjoying themselves and their purchase. People with unresolved issues are not out there enjoying themselves, and fester on pent-up issues. Its damn understandable. Hell, you can imagine my surprise when a DAMN HAPPY customer of mine stood up in a National User's Group meeting, stated how much he supported the product, and thought all of the DoD should buy it. Then he proceeded to say all of you other folks SHOULD NOT EVEN OWN THIS PRODUCT YET, because I am the certifying body, and I have not released our blessing on it yet!!! What do you do when you have HAPPY CUSTOMERS pissing in your Wheaties?"
Old 10-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that's great service. Lets see some pics of the new ride!