Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Update on the search for a waterfront home. >

Update on the search for a waterfront home.

Notices

Update on the search for a waterfront home.

Old 10-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Default Update on the search for a waterfront home.

After 4700 miles of driving, we are home. We traveled from Illinois to Key Largo following the Gulf coast and then back north along the Atlantic coast as far as the Virginia border. Saw some of the most beautiful areas of the country and some of the most economically depressed. If any of you ever do something like this then do as we did and stay off the expressway. We followed back roads and its the only way to see the country. The only mistake we made was bringing the boat. For what it cost and the inconvenience of dragging it behind us, we could have rented one when we needed it. It was pretty cool to be out on the reefs in Key Largo though. Following the back roads and dragging the boat around so many corners destroyed a set of tires. One was so bad I had to switch it for the spare 1000 miles from home. Cheap Carlisle tires didn't last long. I did haul the boat, about 7k pounds, through the Smokey Mountain National Park. GOt some really strange looks at 5,000 feet above sea level! Powerstroke all the way. It was like pulling up a boat ramp for an hour straight.
We didn't find anything in Florida other than the Keys which we already knew we loved. We also really liked some of the Georgia and Carolinas coast. Going out in the boat at St. Mary's Georgia and seeing the wild horses (not Trevor and Kathy from this board but real horses) on the Island really appealed to my wife.
The search is still on though. We are thinking of checking out the Texas coast next.....
Stay tuned

PS. Thanx to all the Carolina members for the advice.

Old 10-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My waterfront home is for sale, (building a new one)if you would want to move to up to lake superior. A little bit colder in the winter but the summer boating is great.
http://553lakewood.com