Notices

Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Old 10-20-2003, 03:11 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by MarinePerformance
To think that offshore racing needs to be rethought again due to one accident seems a bit riduculous.
jc
Not the whole sport............. just the rules in turns. There have been repeated lane and turning issues for years now and this precedes the LLC...SBI and all of that
nonsense. Lane and overlap rules work....... and they have for decades. Boats have thousands of gallon roostertails behind them, cars have vacuums behind them..... You can have a reasonably short, spectator friendly race course....AND.....maintain a sensible width between boats.

Nascar has nothing to do with this...... But we'll ask them anyway......because they are the largest Spectator Sport in America and by God we'll follow them until we have a "perfect business model".

T2x............. Hoping we don't decide that Richmond is the "perfect race course profile"
Old 10-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Ricochet Mike

I think your concerns and questions about the collisions that happened this weekend should be about the donzi vs. pace boat incident !!! For example where wre the double yellows ? those boats should have been slowed much earlier I believe !!!! Its sad to see a boat get rammed while trying to protect a couple of racers that were w/out power ! Hopefully the powers will review that , Im usually a patrol boat myself , and want to feel safe if I ever got between down racers and the field .
mike

Old 10-20-2003, 03:20 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by yourconscience
Jay has been in way more offshore races than Gilbreath .

YC
Wrong again..... Jerry's been racing offshore since before Jay was out of grade School.....

I know and like both men........ and Jay has no culpability here, nor does a comparison of his and Jerry's experience serve any purpose, other than to muddy the water and cause needless divisiveness.

But..... If paying for Jay's boat is "what you would do".... I'll get you his address, and you can send a check.

Of course, you can't do that and remain anonymous... can you?

T2x............ Wondering what some people see in the mirror.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't sea jay on here complaining and *****in,there big boys with big toys and know what can happen out there. i sure they talked and its already worked out, like planetman and rio roses in the worlds one year, fixed and racing the second race and no cying.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

I don't think we should change a thing. Accidents are few and all of us know the risks involved. If we break our boat thats part of it. I don't know a single racer that has been around for a while who hasn't.
Our boat had a hole about 8 inches wide and 7 ft long after Marathon because it was hit in the first turn. It was fixed by AL and raced again. If you don't like fixing glass go poker running. Accidents are a part of every motor sport and and comparatively speaking, they are less frequent in offshore racing than most other forms of racing.

PS I happened to witness both events, and although both boats ran up rooster tails, it is unfair to judge abilities based upon that alone. Bacardi was coming out of a turn and straitening out when they went up the tail and due to their expertice wher able to settle it down and keep running. Reliable ran up a rooster tail as the boat was turning wich poses a whole different scenario.

I am by far no expert and do not claim to be. I just wanted to share my opinion and thoughts based on my limited experience
Old 10-20-2003, 03:25 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by ScottB
. Accidents are a part of every motor sport and and comparatively speaking, they are less frequent in offshore racing than most other forms of racing.

True...and preventable accidents are a damn shame....no matter what form of motor sport you're in.

Don't confuse bravado with common sense........ I assure you that's a very important distinction..... especially when the "accident" is fatal.

T2x
Old 10-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Registered

I am not confusing bravado with common sense. T2x if we had 6 mile straitaways and someone stuffed or blew over and destroyed their boat, you know as well as I there would be a whole other bunch of people *****in about long coarses
Old 10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

If you wanna step up for Muller let me know and I'll get him your info.
I'm sure he'll take all the checks you guys wanna send. I'd bet the repairs are at least $30,000.00
He's not exactly thrilled about what happened.
It's kinda like comparing Hendrick Motorsports to Wood Brothers.

Last edited by Ryan Beckley; 10-21-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I made a decent living repairing Offshore Boats do to the lack of technology to building the boats to withstand the pressure of the pounding waves.

Now I wonder if I should open my doors again...

For awhile there, we had boats staying together because laying up the boats these days is so much more superior than the old days.

Now it seems it is not so much the seas wrecking the boats, but the amount of collisions there have been.

Jay, If you read this, give Frank a call at Fiberglass Plus 732-899-8523. He has been made aware of your situation. Maybe he could help you out.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-20-2003, 04:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey, does anyone realize that in 6 years that St. Pete has hosted a race, this is the 6th flip the race has had! all in turn #1! I am glad that Tom and Jerry are ok!

Last edited by DARREN US1; 10-20-2003 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.