Notices

New Orleans Bound

Old 10-22-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Orleans Bound

I'm flying down to New Orleans tomorrow morning for a little R&R with my fiance returning Sunday morning.

Are there any boating functions happening (shows, poker runs, parties, etc....)? Would love to hook up with fellow OSOers.

We will be staying at "The Columns" up near Tulane and I plan on eating plenty of Etoufee!!!

Bill
Old 10-22-2003, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Hey,
Have a good time!!!
Come on out on the Potomac when you get home on Sunday. The weather is supposed to be nice.

Craig

ps- Drink a Hurricane (or four) for me!!
Old 10-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Orleans Bound

Originally posted by Love Machine
Are there any boating functions happening (shows, poker runs, parties, etc....)? Would love to hook up with fellow OSOers.
Not that I know of, but there is the Steel Pony Express if you are a Harley type. If you wanna call it a boating event, you can -- Copeland had two of his skaters there last year. Pretty civilized event, lots of custom bikes for sale cheap, and plenty of booze. West Coast Choppers, Orange County Choppers, all the big names.

We will be staying at "The Columns" up near Tulane and I plan on eating plenty of Etoufee!!!

Bill
I'll be coming down Fri. evening with my girlfriend (du jour). If you plan on getting into the quarter, P.M. me your cell #.

BTW -- Hope you have booked your room already -- There is a car dealer convention in town in addition to the bike rally.

Last edited by KaamaScarab30; 10-22-2003 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Registered

Kaama, just sent you a PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I thought you were talking about Oklahoma football being New Orleans bound
Old 10-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival is this weekend. It is a great time with lots of great food, music, and talaent walking around! It is a great time and brings out hundreds of boats. We will be there Saturday on the boat and Sunday on land. It is about a 40 minute drive from New Orleans across Lake Pontchatrain. If you want to hook up, give me a call or PM me.

Ty Grubbs 985-373-0134

Heres a link: http://lpbmaritimemuseum.org/wooden_...tival/wbf.html

Here's a pic fromm last year.
Attached Thumbnails New Orleans Bound-106-0667_img.jpg  
Old 10-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered

phastang, looks like a lot of fun. I won't have a rental car, so not sure i'll be able to make it out there. If we do will definitely give ya a shout.

Bill
Old 10-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill-It's a great time, we look forward to it every year. Last year they had almost 60000 in attendance. There will be several OSO members there. Might contact the locall airport Limo-They will run across the lake for like $60.00 round-trip. If we miss ya, have a great trip. You can't have a bad time in New Orleans unless you walk around with your head up your azz!
Ty
Old 10-22-2003, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

bring light clothes it's going to be warm for the next few days-highs in the 80's but a 50/50 chance of rain on sunday.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bill the Steel Pony is a pretty big event .Might be worthwile checking out. I ve heard a lot of stuff. We were suppose to go, but my buddy backed out. Its going to be crowded. Its out by the lake Pontchatrain.south side ,Two bars Jagers and The Dock are close.Prob about a 17.00 taxi ride from down town. There will be some eye candy.
Heres the link to it.

http://www.steelponyexpress.com/welcome.html

I ve heard a lot about the Wooden boat fest,it would be cool also. its on the north side of the lake.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: New Orleans Bound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.