Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BOAT CRASHES vs CAR CRASHES (Pro) >

BOAT CRASHES vs CAR CRASHES (Pro)

Notices

BOAT CRASHES vs CAR CRASHES (Pro)

Old 10-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It`s alot like motorcycling you try not to think of the negatives,cause the rush far outweighs the danger,but you still have to respect the machine. I would love to learn to race supercats. The fear of dying is out there in everything we do,you just don`t dwell on it cause when it happens you`ll have no control of whats about to change your life. LIVE AND HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:42 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guy when you loose it on the track in a car you can't "hit the brakes" or your genenrally way more ****ed than you were to begin with. YOu can try to catch it but nasty track wrecks aren;t fun.

FYI i did this going like 60 (crawling, copmared to other turns in the track) up at watkins a few weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails BOAT CRASHES vs CAR CRASHES (Pro)-dsc01131.jpg  
Old 10-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the past, I've worked several years with the APBA Gold Cup Unlimited Hydro rescue teams in Detroit. I also work at Michigan International Speedway, and serve as Chief Physician of G.L.O.P.R.A. Often run as pace/rescue boat in the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series and I have seen several incidents over the years. Fortunately, there have been no devastating injuries or deaths directly related to racing in our series and we hope for that to continue. Several other individuals volunteer and are committed to the safety of the series. They are greatly appreciated by the racers. I always hope for a race where I am not needed!

Last edited by RedDog382; 10-23-2003 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:31 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Tony Renna died today testing at Indy. He was taking Tomas Schecters place at Ganassi's. Sad day at Indy.
I remember being at Phoenix for a race and seeing my first real wreck when I was five. It is something I will never forget.
I have seen some bad wrecks since that. My dad used to call Nascar (the castiron bullfight) nothing has changed but there have been some good improvements.
I have been in some very fast boats and did not feel comfortable. I have tried to make changes in design to make that eerie feeling go away.(being in way over your head) I feel that there can be some changes made to boats to make them safer but it will be a double edge sword. The safer the boat the higher the speeds will go. Keeping the speed in check is not hard in racing but it is in the pleasure market.
Seeing a wreck in person is a lot tougher than seeing it on TV because of the whole picture.
The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. I still love racing. I just wish that politics and big business would not stand in the way of progress.
pat W
Old 10-23-2003, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding prevention of recreational boating accidents, I suggest always checking for a loose nut on the steering wheel first!

Last edited by RedDog382; 10-23-2003 at 02:15 AM.