Notices

El Boss

Old 10-26-2003, 07:19 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by lowblue320
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE SHADOW THAT WILLIE DIAZ RACED WHICH WAS SOLD TO PETE HILDALGO AND NAMED AMERICAN DREAM IS THE SAME BOAT THAT WAS MISS PUERTO RICO AND WAS FOR SALE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BECAUSE MY FRIEND PURCHASED THAT BOAT AND CONVERTED IT TO 1/4 CANOPIE W HUGE 1200 BLOWER MOTORS........
As far as I know.....That boat is El Boss.

T2x
Old 10-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any of the original race boats you guys built at Shadow or Conquest still in top shape running around?
Old 10-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Gold Member

Originally posted by cashbrain
C'mon guys...I may have a deal on this cat and need more info...
I BELEIVE LOVE IT AGAIN WAS THE FIRST SHADOW CAT WITH I/OS BACK IN 1981 I SAW IT IN POINT PLEASANT
BENI HANNA RACE I WAS 16 AT THE TIME AND I REMEMBER THAT BOAT SOMEWHAT.EL BOSS 38 CIG
WAS IN THAT RACE AGAINST DAMM CARRERA,EL OSO
COUNTRY BOYS,BETTY COOKS 38 MICHELOB LIGHT
DAM CARRERA WAS THROTTLED BY HUMBERTO PICON
THE CARRERA BOAT BUILDER.SAL MAGLUTA AND WILLIE
FALCON WERE RACING IN TWO DIFFRENT BOATS AND I COULD REMEMBER SALS BOAT BREAK DOWN ALMOST AT THE END AND HE WAS PIST.THOSE WERE THE DAYS I WISH I COULD RE LIVE THE DAYS OF THUNDER.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:21 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by MYPANTERA28
I BELEIVE LOVE IT AGAIN WAS THE FIRST SHADOW CAT WITH I/OS BACK IN 1981 I SAW IT IN POINT PLEASANT
BENI HANNA RACE I WAS 16 AT THE TIME AND I REMEMBER THAT BOAT SOMEWHAT.EL BOSS 38 CIG
WAS IN THAT RACE AGAINST DAMM CARRERA,EL OSO
COUNTRY BOYS,BETTY COOKS 38 MICHELOB LIGHT
DAM CARRERA WAS THROTTLED BY HUMBERTO PICON
THE CARRERA BOAT BUILDER.SAL MAGLUTA AND WILLIE
FALCON WERE RACING IN TWO DIFFRENT BOATS AND I COULD REMEMBER SALS BOAT BREAK DOWN ALMOST AT THE END AND HE WAS PIST.THOSE WERE THE DAYS I WISH I COULD RE LIVE THE DAYS OF THUNDER.
You're almost correct....The first I/O Shadow you remember at The Benihana was Love-it (they won)...... owned by Chuck Jepson and Davey Gilmour....... Love it Again..was the third boat in that group, built after El Boss, Erickson, Luv-it II( which became Ohh-la-la Sassoon), and others.

Love it set a lap record at Detroit...(faster than the Open boats) .....and the APBA immediately raised the length limit from 30 to 35 feet in Open Class. They lowered it for Chris Craft 3 years later to allow Tim Ciasulli to campaign one season only in the Chris Cat, Maxon.

Be patient...The "Days of Thunder" tapes will soon be available on DVD.

T2x
Old 10-27-2003, 08:24 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Miller
Are any of the original race boats you guys built at Shadow or Conquest still in top shape running around?
A lot of pleasure Shadows are around......... One Conquest , The triple engined "What -A-Package", now called Doubles Pizza or something,... shows up now and then.... but it wasn't our best work(design changed in mid stream following Mark Lavin's death)..and now is simply an old boat.

T2x
Old 10-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

How many Shadow cats were actually built?
Old 10-27-2003, 09:13 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Ron:

When we left (after two years of production)there were over 30 built or under construction. After that, I don't know how many more were constructed...but it was probably under 20...So I would guess 50 or so...... From what I know most are still in use or, at least, in existence.

Remember, soon after we walked out...George was selling Chris Cats( I think about 100 of those were made)...and we started building Conquests. The choices for buyers were greater over time.

T2x
Old 10-27-2003, 09:35 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Willie is on the right side of the picture.

T2x
Old 10-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by cashbrain
None other than Bobby S with Willie
Thanks Cash and T2x. Is that the cockpit of El Boss they are standing in?
Funny, Willie looked the most sinister of the three before even knowing which one he is.

Last edited by PokerRunGunT/S; 10-27-2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally posted by lowblue320
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE SHADOW THAT WILLIE DIAZ RACED WHICH WAS SOLD TO PETE HILDALGO AND NAMED AMERICAN DREAM IS THE SAME BOAT THAT WAS MISS PUERTO RICO AND WAS FOR SALE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BECAUSE MY FRIEND PURCHASED THAT BOAT AND CONVERTED IT TO 1/4 CANOPIE W HUGE 1200 BLOWER MOTORS........
Lowblue,

Yes, that Shadow ran under all of those names, and Rolled over in Key West, in 1991. Sadly, the driver Peachie Prez died from complications.

Last edited by DARREN US1; 10-27-2003 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: El Boss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.