Notices

where's jay113?

Old 11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay-
Glad to see you got your project up and running and were able to have some fun with it this last summer.

I think some of the comments may have come out a little too bitter- there were a lot of folks taking time out of their day to give you advice, contacts, and even parts to rectify your situation. I would imagine the feeling was one of abandonement when you went to another site and didn't keep us all updated on your project boat, especially with the length of some of your threads here.

Hope you are able to achieve your Apache dream!
Jim
Old 11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jayl13 What kind of boat is it?Looks like your finished with the motor dept.Don't worry about the questions. If you never ask you will never learn anything.

I have a friend that bought a old donzi and I tried talking him out of it . But he was determend to by it no matter what . It was a project boat and he's still working on it . He is proud of it and it does look alot better now. He still has problems but he is enjoying it.Atleast he can say he built it him self . I try to help him when ever he needs help and I respect his choise.

good luck with the boat and job hunting.
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

COOL !!!!!! Give it hell Jay
Old 11-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see ya back Jay,

Cal
BTW , got one of mine back one the dyno today
Old 11-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jafo
Jay-
Glad to see you got your project up and running and were able to have some fun with it this last summer.

I think some of the comments may have come out a little too bitter- there were a lot of folks taking time out of their day to give you advice, contacts, and even parts to rectify your situation. I would imagine the feeling was one of abandonement when you went to another site and didn't keep us all updated on your project boat, especially with the length of some of your threads here.

Hope you are able to achieve your Apache dream!
Jim
I think Jafo pretty much summed it up Jay. Alot of people here knocked themselves out helping you with your project. Like me,You never would have gotten through it without this place....advice,FREE parts,{You met IKE here !!!} Then...You leave & start posting elswhere I think that might have pissed off a few people that helped you {Not me..What do i know? } Not picking on you guy...just letting you know how it looked "over here".
Old 11-25-2003, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice to see ya, back Jay! Looks like things are working out nicely in the boat department. Glad to see her gettin' wet. Good luck to you.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Registered

Jon Look at my profile, GOLD MEMBER, Geez I dont know where you come up with this crapola?
Chris, dude I invited you and Donna to my house after we met in CT, WTF flew into your ass and spread its wings?DaveP I expected more from you
Scott your a gentleman and a friend and I appreciate what you have done!
I have treated all of you like family and I come on after Ike told me about this post to find this BS.
I still refuse to bad mouth any of you but I take this post as a big slap in the face.
Abandonment Absolutely not, I lost my job 5 months ago and I am trying to find workIf any of you thought abandonment Im sorry that is NOT what happened.
Just trying to keep my house and keep my life on track
Jason
Old 11-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down OH CRY ME A RIVER!!!!

Dude this is what I found in about 20 seconds over on Fast boats:

I did my best to defend this site over there but seems most of those guys just have it stuck in their head that that is the only site to be a part of if your a somebody
Okay so Im a nobody
Ill bet you the first 10 people that read this reply to this thread know what boat I have, what problems I have had and what all I have done to fix it all!
So I guess this no body is not such a nobody at all
Also I get tons of you guys laughing your asses off and rolling on the floor as sort of a forum funny guy
That is why I posted all my pics and video;s over here
Im not paying for the guys that that site to sort of look down on me and wonder why I just dont go out and buy a 42 outerlimits
Different walk of life in here on this board, more down to earth people with more realistic boats.
the fantasy boaters can stay over there
I am very pleased with this site and Like Tinker, I plan on being here way more than I have been and now to try to get my post count up to about 1500 HEHEHEH
J

I guess that all the help that you got over on this site was because we all have really expensive boats and were snobs? All I know is that LOTS of guys gave you TONS of advice and helped out as much as they could. We all felt for your story as lots of guys have been there before. You often times asked questions but when you got answers you often times ignored them. The fact that this post is even up is evidence that people cared. Last I checked there is a large variety of boaters on each site. I after all have a 30 foot Formula that I paid a wopping 7 grand for and have been putting my heart and soal into as you have been to yours. NOT ONCE have I ever felt that anyone on this board or the other looks down at anyone with a smaller boat (except for the Catman ) You got your carbs from a guy on THIS SITE FOR FREE, probably due to the fact that he is a "fantasy boater" Sure we have other guys that own boats that I can only dream about but ya know what not once in talking on the board or meeting in person did I ever feel like a lesser person.

Tell me Jay why did ya come back? Just cuz Ike told ya about the post and you felt the need to defend yourself? Or was it an attempt to make us feel bad and elevate yourself above us? Fact of the matter is you did talk bad about the board I can point to a couple other references over there if you would like.....

Jon

Last edited by Audiofn; 11-25-2003 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: OH CRY ME A RIVER!!!!

Originally posted by Audiofn
Dude this is what I found in about 20 seconds over on Fast boats:

I did my best to defend this site over there but seems most of those guys just have it stuck in their head that that is the only site to be a part of if your a somebody
Okay so Im a nobody
Ill bet you the first 10 people that read this reply to this thread know what boat I have, what problems I have had and what all I have done to fix it all!
So I guess this no body is not such a nobody at all
Also I get tons of you guys laughing your asses off and rolling on the floor as sort of a forum funny guy
That is why I posted all my pics and video;s over here
Im not paying for the guys that that site to sort of look down on me and wonder why I just dont go out and buy a 42 outerlimits
Different walk of life in here on this board, more down to earth people with more realistic boats.
the fantasy boaters can stay over there
I am very pleased with this site and Like Tinker, I plan on being here way more than I have been and now to try to get my post count up to about 1500 HEHEHEH
J

I guess that all the help that you got over on this site was because we all have really expensive boats and were snobs? All I know is that LOTS of guys gave you TONS of advice and helped out as much as they could. We all felt for your story as lots of guys have been there before. You often times asked questions but when you got answers you often times ignored them. The fact that this post is even up is evidence that people cared. Last I checked there is a large variety of boaters on each site. I after all have a 30 foot Formula that I paid a wopping 7 grand for and have been putting my heart and soal into as you have been to yours. NOT ONCE have I ever felt that anyone on this board or the other looks down at anyone with a smaller boat (except for the Catman ) You got your carbs from a guy on THIS SITE FOR FREE, probably due to the fact that he is a "fantasy boater" Sure we have other guys that own boats that I can only dream about but ya know what not once in talking on the board or meeting in person did I ever feel like a lesser person.

Tell me Jay why did ya come back? Just cuz Ike told ya about the post and you felt the need to defend yourself? Or was it an attempt to make us feel bad and elevate yourself above us? Fact of the matter is you did talk bad about the board I can point to a couple other references over there if you would like.....

Jon

Very nicely put Jon...

Hey Jay, I actually felt sorry for you that you got saddled with the POS, I know you had to get what you could afford, and I agonized with you for the last 2 years. Problem after problem I was hoping you would get that sucker running,, a million questions and a saga and a half i'm glad your finally up and running.

I was just not too thrilled with your comments regarding OSO on the "other" site, I know you have never said a thing about me in particular and have always been very nice with us. People answered every question you EVER had time and time again, a million times over and you went over there and blasted the same people who helped you.. sorry if my comments were out of line, after going back and re-reading them I applogize, but only ever had your best interest in mind.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Registered

No Apatchy Jay...Fountain, think Fountain.

Last edited by Back4More; 11-25-2003 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: where's jay113?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.