Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Cirarettes Layout for RoughRider & Maximus >

New Cirarettes Layout for RoughRider & Maximus

Notices
View Poll Results: Are you for the changes & innovations on the RoughRider and Maximus?
Yes. I like it, innovating, not the same old stuff.
7.32%
Maybe Yes. not sure but it might grow on me.
8.13%
Maybe No. Not a disaster but I'm not too crazy about it.
18.70%
No. "Where do I put the quarter in this Revolution looking thing."
65.85%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

New Cirarettes Layout for RoughRider & Maximus

Old 11-06-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I can remember when I first saw the ad for the rum runner in powerboat, my first thoughts were (1) since when did rum become contraband ?,(2)I would hate to be walking along the beach and startle the two smugglers thus getting shot with a spear gun and (3)why can't I have a cool screen name like "troutly"?...Anyway it's sad that cig is putting so much effort into the" logo" and not the boats, instead of becoming the next "Harley Davidson"they may end up like ford and the Edsel because the only thing missing from these boats are the giant tail fins...

Last edited by stinger312; 11-06-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

sad thing is it took a whole lot of time, money and effort to come up with that . . . . kinda reminds me when Homer Simpson helped his long lost brother come up with the "new car model"
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-06-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:15 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Bud & Marlyn posted answers on the Cigarette Owners Forum about this survey and the new models.
Originally posted by Marilyn from Cigarette on 11/09/2003 : 18:02
Since Skip Braver and Neill Hernandez are quite busy relocating Cigarette's current factory to the new 200,000 s.f. headquarters, I thought I would respond to the recent interest in Cigarette's new concept boats that were displayed at the Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show. The American Muscle and Rum Runner are concept boats--one of a kind powerboats that show the cutting edge of the popular 46' Rough Rider model. While National Marine owns the Rum Runner, American Muscle is not for sale. It is the corporately owned concept boat that Skip and Neill will campaign on the 2004 Poker Run circuit, just as they did with the X42 boat this year. (Which by the way will be the cover of Boating Magazine in December)

Cigarette is testing the brand new Mercury 1075's as well as the new GPS with NorthStar and the SmartCraft that Mercury developed for those engines. Such R&D helps Cigarette continue to refine its products and develop new, state-of-the-art powerboats. Just as the concept X42 became a production boat within a year, the concept boats like American Muscle, Rum Runner and Maximus show the same promise. The 45 Maximus on display at the show portrayed true "out of the box" thinking and the public reaction verifies that people admire and enjoy innovation. Three 45 Maximus boats were sold at the show and the new model can be built with regular seating as well as the center design.

Whoever thought that the dash height of the Rough Rider is too high has probably not driven one. As noted, American Muscle was built for its owners, as is every Cigarette, so heights can be adjusted as necessary--just as all accessories and features can be chosen to suit the owner's taste--and height. Such are the advantages of buying a custom-built boat, created by the company whose name is synonomous with power, performance and quality.

We are pleased that you are interested in Cigarette Racing Team's new models and invite you to visit a dealer who can explain the details of each model's fine construction. Cigarette is on a roll and you, as owners, are most important to us. We appreciate hearing your opinions and welcome your input. Thanks for visiting us at the Ft. Lauderdale Show! Best always, Marilyn DeMartini for Cigarette Racing Team
Originally posted by Bud from Cigarette on 11/07/2003 : 11:15
Have any of the people that have voted on this model ever ran one I have quite a few hours in them and like the way they feel Don't be so negative
Old 11-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, looks like the bandwagon hit a tree.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I found it hard to see over the dash. I'm 6'1 I guess they want to selll them to NBA Players. It would be worse when coming on plane. Maybe you can get On-Star in it too!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

GLH, I can't find those posts...looks like someone may have taken them down.

Troutly, Right on...performance or no, the boat still has to be asthetically pleaseing to the eye...

28/38...dunno 'bout the "bandwagon", looks like alot of people with similar opinions...do you mean to tell me you like the looks of Maximus?

Bud is probably one of the last remaining old school guys at Cigarette...so I think statements by hime lend some credibility to what Skip and Neill are attempting to accomplish, but I still stand by my original impression of those deck/dash designs...cause you've lost this Cigarette owner there...

BTW, Buddy, in case you read this, Herb sold the Competition and says to say hello...Those Hawk engines were nothing short of incredible
Old 11-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

not good for them not good noooooooooootttttttt good
Old 11-12-2003, 01:15 PM
F2-34thrttleman

i THINK THAT THOSE ARE SOME OF THE UGLIEST BOATS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

they actually sold 3 maximus boats? i wonder what the clentele was like. i would suspect that they were not true performance enthusiasts.

Cigerette seems to be losing sight of what makes them CIGERETTE. their racing efforts are lacking now, and it has been a while since a cig was on the podium. the 36 gladiator was a great design, but these new designs seem to to target a short lived and trendy market. no wonder you see so many high dollar boats for sale, used that is, and many of them are 2003 models. People with alot of money, but little knowledge or commitment get in and get out.

I think that donzi, dragon, and outerlimits are the new big vee-bottom boys. Beuatiful, functional designs. Thats what true offshore buyers want.

Nick Porter
F2-34 t-man

Old 11-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally posted by Sean
28/38...dunno 'bout the "bandwagon", looks like alot of people with similar opinions...do you mean to tell me you like the looks of Maximus?

This is not directed at you Sean. It's directed to the board.

The "bandwagon" is everyone trying their best to slam new ideas. Like steps, electronics, paint jobs, Cigarette, the new Apache, anything on this board that isn't 20 years old.

Marilyn and Bud reminded everyone that Cigarette is a custom boat manufacturer. Meaning, your imagination is the limit.

National Marine owns the Rum Runner boat. So they, not Cigarette, would be the ones to blame for the design.

American Muscle is just a company owned concept boat for running poker runs and support. You guys all b-tch about how Cig doesn't go to your poker runs. Now they are, and the board still cries about something else.

I wouldn't order the extra stuff on a new RR either, but I'm not going to say, "OH the company is doomed" or "Oh, they are crazy."

Custom means you aren't limited to just one idea. If you don't like the new ideas, then don't order them. They still make the other styles too. Don't knock them for being current and trying new ideas. If they arent received well, then they will change. At least they aren't stuck in 1980 like some of the board seems to be.

As for the Maximus, I really liked the hull and cap layup. I wasn't fond of the cockpit but as Bud said, they have different ideas for that. It's Brand new, let them tinker with it.

I think the folks that will actually be buying a 46 or a 45 will have the final say on what the want for their model. And I don't see anyone around here with that check in their hand.

I bet money that if the new Apache comes with a kick ass boat soon, the board will kiss their ass like they had their back the whole time.

Before anyone gets ready to rip me apart on here. I think most know who this post pertains to and who it doesn't.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:29 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sean those posts were posted and are still up in the Cigarette site not here.

Good points CR28/38

Quick Reply: New Cirarettes Layout for RoughRider & Maximus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.