Notices

2005 c6 corvette?

Old 11-13-2003, 03:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Point 1. Never compare crotch rockets with cars. The simple truth is that aside from special built models, there is no comparison for straight line speed. Power to weight ratio is too much of a difference.

Point 2. Never compare stock cars to modified cars. It is not fair to do this because the modified car gets an inherent advantage due to the specialty parts. The only way that this could work is if you set a cost limit and said, run what you brung as long as the cost does not exceed that limit. That is the only way that you could compare them. If the limit was say $75 k. Then you could say that for a total cost of $75 k, you could either have a bone stock viper, impressive as it is, or you could have a more affordable car with aftermarket tuning done to it. And I guarantee that the tuner will outperform the stocker. So yes, for the same price, a Lingenfelter Vette will smoke a stock Viper. But its not really fair to the viper. Heck, a lingenfelter vette will smoke a Hennesey Viper also. But these are specialty cars.

Point 3. Comparing Euro exotics to US cars is comparing Apples to Oranges in cost and nature of the cars. This is why you always see the mags trying to compare cars that are as similar as possible. Yes a Ferrari Enzo will smoke a Viper or a Vette but the realistic idea of actually acquiring one is gone. You have to stay realistic in price of vehicle and what it was meant to do.

Yes I am a vette fan but I appreciate all things fast. I do agree that the vette interior is cheap in appearance and feel. This has been a major complaint about it. But when you look at what it can offer at its price, it is something that you can live with.

By the way, the vette is considered world class. Keep tabs on the LeMan's racing series and watch as Vettes consistently beat Ferraris. Also, visit Germany and see how many Vettes you will see running on the Autobahn. They loved the ZR1's for this reason.

Just my 02.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Curt

Hey Rollwithit, I agree 100%. All this talk about 1000 hp Supra's and Ferraris and jap bikes, what the hell? Why not compare to 500 hp skateboards? Or being shot out of a cannon? The fact is a Corvette Z06 is without question the fastest, best handling, best braking all around car in the world for the money. We are talking stock vehicles here with 4 tires! I don't know why this is even being disputed. This has been documented by all the major auto magazines for the past 2 years. How much faster can you get than 3.9 to 60 and 12.4 quarters out of a 50k STOCK vehicle? Sure I could take a 1997 Z-28 and drop in a blower motor and out drag a Z06, a Supra, a Viper and a Ferrari but then we aren't talking stock under 50k again are we?

Old 11-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered

My brother and I have been back and forth on this same issue. Rx7 TT, Supra TT or Vette. Which would be the better project... Well, it depends. Rx7s are certainly fun to drive but very unreliable when you throw 18lbs of boost into them. I have had several friends go through engines and trannys. Supras are great cars but to get a good 98' you are looking to pay somewhere in the 30s and then you have to start working on them. Horsepower for horsepower the Vette beats them all hands down. Which takes me to my next point... It is not cheap to build a true 800 HP Supra. On racingflix.com, the featured Supra is a single turbo running easliy 800 HP. The guy was running 11s in the 1/4 mile. This can be achieved by purchasing a 98 C5 for about 21-23k and slapping a supercharger on it. You will be running high 400s to low 500 hp at the crank and running in the 11s as well. Mind you, throw 2500 extra and you can do it in an automatic, all day long.
For me, all of these cars have their place. I would love to have one of each but for now... the C5 would be my choice.
Ps.. anyone seen the new Benz E55 AMG. 490 HP I think.. . That is nasty.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Registered

I just keep seeing the post about how cheep the vette interior looks and I agree to a point, but I have not seen anyone mention how really cheep a viper interior looks. I am sorry but it is much worse than a vette has ever been. That has been my biggest complaint about Vipers is there interior.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who can't view the video here is a link to the Toyota Hayabusa Killer. It was this car that inspired me to build mine very much the same way.

http://www.turboimports.com/darstrunhkst.html

You can talk power to weight all you want with bikes. I have beaten every bike I have ever raced from a roll, and have raced dozens. I don't fool with 0 to 60, as it is too hard on the triple disk clutch. I have roasted highly modified SC Mustangs, a Z06 Corvette with induction work and Nitrous, and a 911 turbo, with ease. Now if they are a bad driver or rider that's tough. SCOREBOARD is all I have to say to them. I don't have any video of me doing this so that's why I'm going to lay off further comments. The videos are out there you can do a search.

Lastly I don't recommend driving this way on the street. When you have cars of this power you can roll up on 170-MPH before you know it. It is when you're on the brakes when you realize the ungodly speed you just reached. After that you lie in bed that night wondering what would happen if someone had gotten in your way. I used to be one of the biggest street racers out there. As I grew older and matured you I thought more of the dangers.

Roby
Old 11-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by magnum27
I just keep seeing the post about how cheep the vette interior looks and I agree to a point, but I have not seen anyone mention how really cheep a viper interior looks. I am sorry but it is much worse than a vette has ever been. That has been my biggest complaint about Vipers is there interior.
Good point...I have no problems with my C5 interior, it's much better than the earlier models. It's a very comfortable car to drive for extended periods unlike the Viper. Could it be a little better...sure, but it's not on my list of gripes. The car is layed out very well ergonomically, if any of you have spent time in it, you'd agree.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 c6 corvette?-pic00038.jpg  
Old 11-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Fun
Attached Thumbnails 2005 c6 corvette?-pic00037.jpg  
Old 11-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Curt

Nice ride Indy!

Old 11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Thanks Curt...we had to sell the boat this past summer and I bought this because I needed something to fiddle with. It's cheap fun compared to the boat, but it's NO BOAT!!! I'd give the vette up, or Viper, Ferrarri, or ANY car for that matter to be back in a boat. Cars are cool, but don't compare to an offshore boat...period. I'm getting a vanity plate that says "No Boat" because I'm that miserable
Old 11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Registered

What you can't even have both headlights in that thing. The bike's you have been beating are being riden by guy's who need to buy truck's. And if it's only fast from a 70 mph roll then it's a total piece of crap. What the clutch chatter is so bad 70 is as slow as you can start a race. Make's boats look like good use of cash. It looks to me like 60k for a car thats a tic faster than a stock Vette that handles worse and will blow up every 5k mile's. Drive it to Virgina and I'll line up 20 people on stock or very close to stock bikes that will hand you your a$$ over and over again in any kind of race. I know 90% of the street riders out there have know idea how to ride, those must be who you are getting and the smart one see it like I do that a race from 70 is stupid. There is no way launcing your car from a dead stop is as hard as lauching a busa from 12k RPM's. When was the last time you were running behinde your car trying to get the front wheels back on the ground.

Quick Reply: 2005 c6 corvette?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.