Skin cancer, whose had it??? >

Skin cancer, whose had it???

Notices

Skin cancer, whose had it???

Old 11-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Skin cancer, whose had it???

Just curious here. I'm sitting at home having just had my 29th skin cancer surgery. Anybody else having problems as well? I'm Scandinavian/German descent, wrong skin type to have been a "sun god" for 25 years, and now I'm paying the piper. I'm never more than six steps away from my SPF 48. Outlaw
Old 11-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It runs in my family, and it almost took my Dad out in the early 80's. I guess I am just waiting for the day, but I do try to be careful, somewhat. I watch the ABC's, and have had several moles removed and tested with all negative results. I wish you only the best. I would recommend not having skin grafts to cover any wounds not on your immediate face, neck, hands, or arms. I know it is all personal preference; but my Father had a piece of skin shaved off of his upper thigh to cover the large sand dollar sized hole they took off the back of his shoulder. So not only did his shoulder absolutley kill him, but his leg hurt like a bltch too, and THE DAMN GRAFT FELL OFF after 3 days.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-16-2003 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow 29, I feel for you. I just had a cancerous mole taken off my forehead. I always use Bullfrog now. Now I have to go back every year to keep on top of it. Good luck to you!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default third time lucky

3 biopsies and nothing yet luckily. So now I look like a Flats fisher when I go out.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:47 AM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Interesting thread, I'll be watching it closely. I've seen a fair bit of sun/UV (welding) in my 34 years. I'm becoming more aware of any small changes to my skin in my later years.

Brian
Old 11-15-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

For me I found that Coppertone Sport 48 works much much better than the Bullfrong 50. Just a thought. I'm not a "pretty boy" and I don't "dance" for a living, so I could care less about the scars. I actually make fun of anyone who shows off a new tatoo too much. I get completely checked every two months, sooner if something suspicious shows up. I've got a GREAT doctor, I have every confidence in the world with him. He has several patients who have had over a hundred removed. The whole secret is treat it agressively, take no prisoners. At some point, I'll run away from home, join the circus as "SCARMAN", scare little kids, and screw old fat women. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH. Seriously, I've been told that as long as I do what I'm doing, I have no reason to believe my life would be shortened because of it. It does get rather old afterawhile though. Woman like scars I've found out too. That's pretty cool. Thank you all for the concern, I appreciate that. Outlaw
Old 11-15-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

twice removed

I've had to have mine removed twice and I don't live in
Fla.
I'm a little more careful now.
It's on my left sholder and resembles a bullet wound,
so thats what I tell them it is.
Hat sunglasses and spf.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Formula Outlaw,
You're one tough cookie.
29 operations and still able to joke about it.

I have several Basil Cell Lesions on my face and upper forehead. Dermatologist froze them and some came back so he deep froze them again. Both sides of my neck are permanently red from sun damage.
Thanks for the sun screen recommendation. I'll look for it today.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not yet but a number of friends have. The problem is , this wasn't a problem 30 or 40 years ago now we're paying the price .
I remember returning from vacation July 4th week 1969 and matching fore arms with a black girl I worked with. I was darker Of course then I took abuse as to how hard us white folk have to work on it to look like them . Anyway , I'm more careful now and keep a watch out
Old 11-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Mr. Demeanor

If I have a dream about a suny day I wake up burned!
Had my first basil cell removed at 33yrs old. So far so good but I was told to expect more. I was told it is from sun damage prior to my 18th birthday. JUst somthing else I can blame my parents for.

Quick Reply: Skin cancer, whose had it???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.