Notices

foutain needs to update

Old 11-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the price and speed of the Fountain at North Texas? (The one they use in the ad.) Like I said in one of my other post, Fountain used to have the best boat and now it's fallen off, is it because he was #1 and didn't see the need to keep advancing, there is a lot of new cool stuff out there he could and should be using. 8 out of 10 Fountain's I see that have the cabin doors still on are broken, can't he fix that.

My list of ten that are now better. Total package not just speed. Not in order except the first 2 that are far above the rest in the total package. 1 Outerlimits 2. Nor-Tech 3. Cigarette 4. Apache 5. Sonic 6. Formula 7. Donzi 8. Active Thunder 9. Hustler 10. Black Thunder.

Look I love what Fountain has done for boating/racing and if i was going to start racing I would have to take them into consideration before I bought a boat. But I don't feel that they have the best weekend/poker run boat anymore and it's a shame, everybody know's he has the brains and the bank to do it so why not.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:39 AM
BK
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Fountain most likely placed the add with Powerboat Magazine many, many month before OL set the new V bottom record.

Mike is right.
Magazine editorial and ad copy goes to the printer months before the issue comes out in the mail. That's why you will see coverage of an August event not appear until the November issue.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Registered

I am neither a Fountain nor an Outerlimits fan. Foutains are a dime a dozen and OL's are just way to far out there on price (must be how they came up with the name)

The thread is silly. And to come on here and lay into Fountian like this is silly as well. I think Reggie will get the record back. I am not impressed with the record myself. I would rather it be based on equal power. That way hull efficiency enters into the picture not just how much hp you stick in the thing.

Reggie traded this record back and forth with Wellcraft and its Scarabs for years. We all know who is still around I think it would be great to see this competition start up all over again.

Using OL's first record as an opportunity to rag on Reggie seems silly.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 11-16-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
What is the price and speed of the Fountain at North Texas? (The one they use in the ad.) Like I said in one of my other post, Fountain used to have the best boat and now it's fallen off, is it because he was #1 and didn't see the need to keep advancing, there is a lot of new cool stuff out there he could and should be using. 8 out of 10 Fountain's I see that have the cabin doors still on are broken, can't he fix that.

My list of ten that are now better. Total package not just speed. Not in order except the first 2 that are far above the rest in the total package. 1 Outerlimits 2. Nor-Tech 3. Cigarette 4. Apache 5. Sonic 6. Formula 7. Donzi 8. Active Thunder 9. Hustler 10. Black Thunder.

Look I love what Fountain has done for boating/racing and if i was going to start racing I would have to take them into consideration before I bought a boat. But I don't feel that they have the best weekend/poker run boat anymore and it's a shame, everybody know's he has the brains and the bank to do it so why not.

How many boats a year do these Builders build ???

ol - about 15
nor-tech - the same
apache - 1

Fountain powerboats - over 500

MIke
Old 11-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Registered

So it's a quantity not quality thing? If you do something alot you should be better at it than somebody who doesnt. I never said Fountain didn't build a ton of boats and sell them, I just think he needs to revamp his top boats to put them up with the rest.His SC boats are great they have a ton of room inside and are fast for what they are but his go-fast are pretty much the same thing they were in 96.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Registered

having just switched from Fountain to Outerlimits (actually dads boat) it is pretty hard to make this comparison. Like said before apples to oranges both design, market and price. However, Fountain still builds a high quality boat and has been doing so for years. Fountain owners sure do take a lot of crap from non-fountain owners. I guess when you have held these records for many years and staying on top in the racing world you get talked about a lot. If Reggie wants to really push the kilo record it will be very interesting. I would put OL in the number 1 spot as far as total package, but Fountain is not that far behind and for sure in the top 10.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by Hauling Trash
How many boats a year do these Builders build ???

ol - about 15
nor-tech - the same
apache - 1

Fountain powerboats - over 500

MIke
That should spell it out for you people who are just looking to bash. Custom boat vs. production boat. BK has it right, Powerboats ads are put in 2-3 months before the mag comes out. I guess winter is here
By the way, I like both brands.

Craig
Old 11-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered

No, its a target market thing. Fountain's business is focused on building a wide variety of boats for all price ranges. This does lessen the quality a bit. But, there is no way you can think that Fountain couldn't build the same quality as OL. There are tons of his 42's that run well over 120, and have all the amenities.
Reggie should really cut the top off his raceboat and paint it orange, then maybe you'd like it.
If sonic is #5 and Apache is #4 than fountain should at least be in the top three.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered

and here is the new one. Damn proud of Dad for this one.
Attached Thumbnails foutain needs to update-dscf0011.jpg  
Old 11-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

gorgeous boat!

Quick Reply: foutain needs to update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.