Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I met Catmando (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/63918-i-met-catmando.html)

Ron P 11-17-2003 08:59 AM

I met Catmando

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm standing in the pits talking to talking to some guys and this dude walks over and joins the conversation. He's got an OSO shirt on and I asked what his screen name is. He says Catmando and I almost fell over.

Catman, it was a pleasure to finally meet you.

Here's me an the Cat, Cat is wearing the hat.

wwwTOPDJcom 11-17-2003 09:19 AM

HOLY **** wow I can finally put a Face with the
Screename :D

Julie22 11-17-2003 09:30 AM

nice pic Troutly. Does anybody know Red Crane?

wwwTOPDJcom 11-17-2003 09:43 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
See, this picture wasn't so far off now was it?? :D
so was that a SHOPPINGBAGLIFTER police photo

sy goldberg 11-17-2003 09:44 AM

LUCKY YOU !

Did you notice the vertical thumb in the picture?.I'm sure he got there by turning the thumb to a horizontal position.:D :D :D

wwwTOPDJcom 11-17-2003 09:48 AM

Re: LUCKY YOU !

Originally posted by sy goldberg
Did you notice the vertical thumb in the picture?.I'm sure he got there by turning the thumb to a horizontal position.:D :D :D

NO NO NO he 's just trying to bum a ride on a Boat :D

Lee 11-17-2003 09:50 AM

Originally posted by Julie22
nice pic Troutly. Does anybody know Red Crane?
I do.

dyno 11-17-2003 09:51 AM

yea lucky you.....

TulsaLarry 11-17-2003 09:59 AM

With that hat on, the Catman almost looks like a conservative.:)

Ron P 11-17-2003 10:15 AM

The Cat was out of his element. Bama is a VERY republican state.

Actually Cat seemed almost.... can I say.... normal.

GLH 11-17-2003 10:26 AM

Re: I met Catmando

My condolences, I hope something positive happened during the rest of the day to redeem from that traumatic experience. :D:D

robyw1 11-17-2003 10:33 AM

Wow that is not how I pictured the CAT, and yes he does look conservative. It is hard to put a face on someone especially when you have an avatar like Troutlys. I should probably change my avatar guy since he is better looking and in better shape :D

Roby

hugetime1 11-17-2003 10:34 AM

and you pick on me for not being diplomatic GL, thats was funny

HyperBaja 11-17-2003 12:19 PM

I think he looks a lot like a sailor! ;)

X-Rated30 11-17-2003 12:31 PM

Re: Re: LUCKY YOU !

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
NO NO NO he 's just trying to bum a ride on a Boat :D
Nope, he has already been boating -- can't you see the life preserver he is wearing under that shirt. :D

(Sorry, Cat.:D )

TopSpin80 11-17-2003 12:35 PM

CAT that picture had to be taken on sunday... you bought the hat saturday night. :) Where is your name tag? I finally made it home about 2:30-3:00 am monday morning. Cat is a great guy, he showed us around the boats at OB and without him, we wouldn't have been able to do the tour because we only went for the weekend. It was a long drive, but well worth it to meet everyone we did. Thanks Jersey boys for letting us film from your room on saturday. I should have it edited and movies posted tonight.

Ernie

packinair 11-17-2003 01:23 PM

I can almost here everyone booting up photoshop from here:D

Dirty Race Girl 11-17-2003 02:16 PM

*meow* puss.......er, cat! Now we're even! It's great to put a face with the name. Hopefully, you'll be back in chat tonight, on top, showering us with your wit and humor. Hope you had fun at the races! :)

TEAMBAJA 11-17-2003 02:24 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
So I'm standing in the pits talking to talking to some guys and this dude walks over and joins the conversation. He's got an OSO shirt on and I asked what his screen name is. He says Catmando and I almost fell over.

CAT IN THE HAT! :D

Julie22 11-17-2003 02:33 PM

Lee, Fountain of Youth, P4-34 How are? The last time I saw you was in Monroe, Mich at a GLSCS meeting.

packinair 11-17-2003 03:40 PM

Lee, Fountain of Youth, P4-34 How are? The last time I saw you was in Monroe, Mich at a GLSCS meeting.
hey, I live like 20 minutes from monroe

Lee 11-17-2003 04:32 PM

Uhhh...nope, Fountain of Youth is P4-33
How do you know Red?

sy goldberg 11-17-2003 04:34 PM

TO DAVE P

You should be ashamed of yourself insinuating that a fine organization like NAMBLA would lower their criteria for membership!:D :D :D

Tantrum 11-17-2003 04:47 PM

Originally posted by DaveP
I bet you could find his picture here: http://www.nambla1.de/

Just bustin' Cat!:D :D

This is an illeagal post
Dave your not aloud to bust on somebody and apologizie in the same post ILLEGAL

And why do you have the link to that site ???
And how does Sy sound so fimilar with the acronym ???

You guy's are freakin me out :crazy:

Waterfoul 11-17-2003 04:52 PM

Hey Cat, did you sleep in your truck????

:p

OldSchool 11-17-2003 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Ron P

OK Ron, fess up, Did the Catman ask to stay in your room? It's OK if he did, you wouldn't be the first person that he's asked!!:D :D

cigarette1 11-17-2003 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Buddy !

Ron P 11-17-2003 06:51 PM

Actually he already scored a room with Hollywood from Team Typhoon. So yes, he was on the prowl.

I guess cat is still hitchicking home otherwise he'd be all over this by now.

Steve 1 11-17-2003 06:55 PM

Wonder why Cat was not wearing his hat with the red star?

R Addiction 11-17-2003 07:12 PM

We all went Go Cart racing with the Cat!!

R Addiction 11-17-2003 07:31 PM

From the left: Danger Kitty, Mrs. R'Addiction, Jim (Flashwave), Steve (BG), Bob(VR-1), R'Addiction, Bob Powell, Catmando, and Kitten

Thanks Steve!!!:cool:

BayPrincess took all of the Go Kart pics!!! Thanks Gail

BlakeandBrock 11-17-2003 08:11 PM

Catmando and Topspin also made an apperance at our pits on saturday, it was a pleasure meeting them and putting faces to these names we always see on the forums. Hopefully next year we'll get to see more of you come out to the races and say whats up.

Oh and that hat he is wearing is the DIRTY DUCK hat. He was representing this weekend.

rouxsterre 11-18-2003 02:12 PM

DaveP - although posted in good fun (I guess), that link in post 21 should be deleted.
I work in Information Systems Security and Forensic Analysis. Should a member click that link, remnants of that page will remain on the HDD.
The name of the organization that is linked is a common search criteria in even a basic (company SysAdmin) security analysis. It could even be a keyword trigger built in to the network content filter. That content can (and should) be grounds for termination.

Wardey 11-18-2003 02:17 PM

Hey Cat, Great to meet you in person at the racers party. Didn't have time to hook up any other times tho. Dave

robyw1 11-18-2003 02:24 PM

Originally posted by rouxsterre
DaveP - although posted in good fun (I guess), that link in post 21 should be deleted.
I work in Information Systems Security and Forensic Analysis. Should a member click that link, remnants of that page will remain on the HDD.
The name of the organization that is linked is a common search criteria in even a basic (company SysAdmin) security analysis. It could even be a keyword trigger built in to the network content filter. That content can (and should) be grounds for termination.

He is right and your I.P. could be logged too should that site ever fall under investigation. I clicked on the link not knowing what it was. I immeadiatly cleaned the history folder but I was using my personal PC. However this will not remove the visited link from the system network should your company be logging visited sites. For this reason I think it should be removed as well.

Roby

rouxsterre 11-18-2003 02:39 PM

Looks like post 29 should go too. It really is no joke.
Even OSO could have problems with that.

wwwTOPDJcom 11-18-2003 02:44 PM

Originally posted by rouxsterre

Ya that link should have had a warning for those
people at there office, could be a potential
issue for the OSO er

Clackster 11-18-2003 03:15 PM

Hey Cat,

Enjoyed meeting you in the wet pits. Hope you had a good time. We sure did.

Clackster P2-1 Team ATC

TopSpin80 11-18-2003 05:26 PM

Dirty duck what did you guys break on Sunday's race?

Ernie