Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Go Fast port in Florida? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/63950-best-go-fast-port-florida.html)

dyno 11-17-2003 12:32 PM

Best Go Fast port in Florida?

Where is the best place to check out Cool boats?Every time I'm down there I see a couple... but heck on any given Sunday I can see a Hundred in Grand Haven. Miami? I'll be in West Palm on Friday!!!

CigDaze 11-17-2003 12:34 PM

1. Miami,
2. Lauderdale

dyno 11-17-2003 12:44 PM

where is the best inlet to drag my chair and cooler to??

rchevelle71 11-17-2003 12:59 PM

Hope your chair floats, and your cooler has an outboard!!!!

Bring the family down to lauderdale if its nice, and go to one of the restaurants along the ICW, Shooters(Fort Lauderdale), or The Cove (Deerfield Beach). I was out Saturday afternoon, passed a few Cig's Sittin ontheir lifts, A BIG old Sutphen on the lift, 36something cat, was runnin side by side with a Sonic 45SS(in the slow zone of course) nice young blonde driving daddys boat while mom and pop relaxed in the back seat, comin back north passed a 26 Sonic full of half naked chickeys, and Two powerplays runnin down to Hillsboro Inlet. All in about two hours.

Oh wait a minute, Did you mean this coming weekend???? They will ALL be in the keys!!!!!!!!!!

dyno 11-17-2003 01:04 PM

I'll be there the next two weekends.

Tim G. 11-17-2003 01:21 PM

Dyno,
Yeah, we'll all be in the keys this weekend...
But...
I might be heading out to test some new props Friday afternoon.... if you'd like to come along....
I'll probably launch at Haulover marina (miami).
Miami and Ft.Lauderdale both get their share of muscle boats...
We attempted to run with two cats and a 42 OL two weeks ago....:rolleyes:

Haulover gets a lot of boats through the ramps on the weekend....

dyno 11-17-2003 01:41 PM

I wont get in till around 2:00 pm on friday but thanks for the offer!!I'd love to otherwise.....

Formula Outlaw 11-17-2003 03:56 PM

Miami/Ft. Lauderdale then Jacksonville - east coast
St.Pete first/ then Sarasota - west coast

georges 11-17-2003 08:19 PM

Re: Best Go Fast port in Florida?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dyno
[any given Sunday I can see a Hundred in Grand Haven]

During the 90 or so days of summer maybe, :D :D :D

Seriously, you do have some fabulous boating going on, I'll never forget the sight of 2000 plus spectator boats at last year's Grand Haven race coming through the channel after the race!

Here' s some good spots down here:
Everglades inlet in Fort Lauderdale
Hillsboro inlet in Pompano/Hillsboro Beach
Boca inlet in Boca Raton
Haulover in North Miami
Government Cut in Miami
Depending on the day, you can see some major power at any of these places whether weekend or weekdays!
Sea ya in KW

dyno 11-20-2003 11:03 AM

Thanks Georges!!