Notices

Myco vs Manning

Old 11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned both.Manning is the only way to go!!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Too Old
Of the two, if buying new, I'd have to go with a Manning.

Don't get me wrong, Myco builds a beautiful trailer, but so does Manning. The deciding factor for me is that "boatme" is an active member on the forums and I'd like to give him my support.
I agree 100% with Too Old

I had a Myco and you can't wrong with either, but "boatme" is an OSO'er and you gotta support your family
Old 11-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW, Not the results I was expecting. But I agree with most...... Manning. A buddy has one under his 34' PQ and it is top notch. I was considering a boat that was on a Myco and was not impressed by the trailer at all. What's with leaving the fenders open on the back side?
Old 11-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Myco, it is my second and I have no complaints.

Sounds like Manning is making a good trailer also. Nothing wrong with competition, we all win from that.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Myco vs Manning-picture2-540.jpg  
Old 11-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking hard at trailers this past summer for the old 42.
The Myco trailers are nice but its a channel steel construction...the Manning trailers are of box steel construction and more rigid.
Not to mention better value and more of a custom option trailer.
I say Manning might be the best custom trailer available.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 PM
skwotastropy81

my dad has had two trailer that ive hauled, weve had a eagle for his 320 baja. and a manning for the 420 baja, ive hauled the boat behind both, we had the manning built new, its a awesome trailer looks and performs well, our boat is always on the trailer, the only toss up in my mind between myco and manning, is that myco seems to be alittle better for every weekend salt water use, however up here in the freshwater i would never go with nothing less then the manning, when i get my boat within a year or two if it doesnt have a trailer i will defintley go with manning.

Old 11-19-2003, 06:08 AM
WickedWon

Default You Can't Go Wrong With Either

Manning for steel, Myco for aluminum ( cause Manning doesn't build aluminium DAMN IT ) Marc are ya listening ?
I just bought another aluminium MYCO from Bill, great people BUT, no fender backs at these prices Bill are you listening ?

Old 11-19-2003, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Thumbs up Manning

I had an Eagle trailer under my Formula and presently have a Manning Trailer under the Cig.. Both have been GREAT!!! I don't know about Myco...although I have never heard a negative thing about them (except for price!).

I towed the Cig. Bullet home to Virginia from Oklahoma when I bought it and it was awesome (after the first 1/2 hour when I was nervous about towing the boat for the first time). It towed effortlessly and was a stress-free trip. I really like the electric brakes better than the surge brakes. That "clunk" when you take off from a stop used to get on my nerves.
Attached Thumbnails Myco vs Manning-port-front.jpg  

Last edited by craig223; 11-19-2003 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myco builds aluminum, box and channel steel trailers.

mine happens to be channel...

my opinion of box steel trailers is that there is the potential of rusting from the inside out and you won't know until it's too late I've also heard that the box steel can be preasurized to prevent this...

anyone else heard about this?

here's my ole girl
Attached Thumbnails Myco vs Manning-boat_3.jpg  

Last edited by Sean; 11-19-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Salt water vs. fresh water > design & materials are going to come in play here. I tend to agree with Sean's box vs. channel point. I had a trailer rust out from the inside on me. How about galvanized, or galvanized painted, does either manufacturer offer either? For my needs which is salt water, I'd have to give the Myco channel aluminum the nod unless Manning makes something competitive.

Quick Reply: Myco vs Manning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.