Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great Race Sites, more than once? >

Great Race Sites, more than once?

Notices

Great Race Sites, more than once?

Old 11-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Race Sites, more than once?

Just a thought:

We race all over the country, and some sites are better than others. What do we as racer think about racing at the "good" sites more than once a year? Like OB...

Just wondering...
Old 11-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Registered

As a racer, unfortunately I have to agree with you. I wouldn't promote us either. Not until we prove ourselves worthy of the the time, effort, and cost involved in promoting a race. This 3 race world fiasco has set us back quite a bit in my opinion.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Registered

Unfortunately, I agree that promoters have little to run a race on other than a love for the sport and hope and a prayer that they don't come out of it upside down financially. Furthermore, this seems to have been the case with offshore for decades. The only difference is the players names change. I WISH I had an answer but I do not. I would LOVE nothing more than to see the sport survive, and grow and prosper for years to come. Like many things and life and business offshore is a cyclical sport. By this I mean that for several years one sanctioning body will have a majority of the teams. Then something will happen and the teams switch to another sanctioning body and so on. Realistically, my personal feeling is that until ONE sanctioning body has complete and total control of the sport, classes on a NATIONAL LEVEL are limited to between 2 and 4, and the racers follow the rules and work WITH the sanctioning body with regard to them, the sport is forever destined to be nothing more than a hobby sport. In motorsports, as with many other sports as well, two sanctions divide and the masses and neither really prospers. I think what the OPA guys and the people that met this weekend about the run whatcha brung classes are and are likely to, get the biggest bang for their buck. I wish all racers and teams safe and good times, because in the end that is what it is all about. Having FUN and being SAFE! If at some point one organization can take total control I wish them too all the best of luck and success.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:39 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Disagreement always help promotion and expansion.
Look at the IRL and CART they really have thrived since 1996 when the split happened, NOT.
I use to follow and know all the drivers now I have no interest in either series. And I am positive this is happening in offshore.

Big Poker Runs are taking over in interest.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Kyle Pety was in K W yesterday with a cycle tour for chairity, can't help think that someone like him could
help This sport greatly. Know anyone?