Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice >

I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Notices

I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Old 11-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2fast4U hit on something. A friend of mine had some warning signs, and EKG, etc. were fine. he later had a biggie and found out about the cardiac catherization (SP?) and stress test. I have heard of anxiety attacks too, causing stuff like that.

The good news is, it sounds like a couple of strippers and heavy drinking will solve the problem, no matter what it is

Good luck Mitch, sounds like you need a break.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Registered

I have been taking a little break. I need to stay strong for the impending battle. That will be a true test of my self control and patience
Old 11-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Mitch, if you have any questions about the spine thing, I can probably point you in the right direction. Take a deep breath and go do somthing you enjoy!

Old 11-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Payton
Glad your ok.
anxiety attack?
I second that one.

I am reading this and thinking to myself that I am readin an exact reoccurance of when it happened to me.
However, after giving me the nitro pill and everything checking out and the pain subsiding they kept me overnight for observations and test in the morning.
I had to go abck in 3 days and have a chemical test done. An exact copy of what happen to me 3 daays earlier. Anxiety Attack is what they came up with.
I was on meds for 3 months and thank fully never has happened again.
I will say this, several weeks proir to this one I had one at work but was able to handle the pain with about an hour relax in the lounge. But this last one was so severe that I actually stopped half way there and called for an ambulance. Found out later that night in the ER that Imust have gave wrong info as to where I was because after 15 min I started the car back up and finished the drive. I did nto even get 5 steps into the Er door when the nurses put in a wheel chair and whisked me into the ER. Iwas thankfull they were paying attention. Because I would have been one rude a$$ if they told me to wait
Class act symptoms of an Anxiety attack
I had one 2 New Years Eve's ago.
Not fun by any means

But all in all glad you are OK, just keep a feel out for future reoccurances
Old 11-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I'm not a doctor...but i play one on TV! <jk> Anxiety attack was my thoughts while reading it too.....

As for the pinched nerve thing......i had the same problem in my right shoulder. If i slept on my stimach or was working on my back under a truck or anything with my arms above my body, my arm would start to fall asleep in about 5min!!!......went to the chyropractor(sp) and found out my first 7 vertebrea were out of alignment.......went to the doc twice a week for 1 1/2 months then gradually less and less and now i'm on an "ass needed" basis.....no more problems with numbness and my neck stopped cracking!! (ever since i stopped swimming (back in the highschool swim team days) my neck cracked like a glow stick when you start it up!!!)

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Registered

Mitch glad to hear you are ok! I suffer from anxiety as well. and that sounds like what you are having. Try to think positivly and they will get better. I know emotions are high and that is where they come from. Take the weekend off and go get some a@@.

Matt
Old 11-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mitch, go immediately outside,sit on your sled and make vrooom vrooom sounds. You will feel much more relaxed in no time.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Mitch, Had one today at work, A real pain to deal with but you need to do like everyone suggests and try to relax. Big thing is to try and figure out what the cause is.. in the mean time LET IT SNOW!!
Old 11-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Registered

Hey Mitch, sorry to hear about your problems. Get well so you could enjoy the sledding.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Registered

Whomever was asking about the "full body scans" are you meaning PET scans? If so, they show where activity is going on, sort of like a radar/weather screen. It shows glucose metabolism/uptake (referred to as "lighting up").

As for the cardiac enzymes, you probably mean CPK, CPK-MB and Troponin levels. Thing about them is, they are elevated when heart muscle damage is occurring. They usually are not elevated after the fact.

Being in the health care profession, my educated guess would be mild panic/anxiety attack. However, it doesn't hurt to get a full cardiac work up, just to get a baseline.

OK, there's my medical .02 cents........

Quick Reply: I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.