Notices

Unfair Locking Of Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude did you see you are over 10,000!!!!!! You will be past me in a month or two I am guessing.

Jon
Old 11-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted this in the 'racers' area and that thread asked for comments from racers only, so I deleted what I wrote and will be linking it to here.

I think it is alright to have a private section for racers only, and they have enough to pay for besides another membership. There should be some rules in that section though. First of all I'm no racer and don't claim to be. The fans should be able to hear most of what the racers have to say, but I am sure they want their privacy when they are plotting, or scheming against and unknown entity. Maybe something should be set up with some sort of a calendar where access to the section is only allowed during certain hours and no pictures may be posted. This way the racers get their privacy, but the fans still get to see the pictures which they are posting.

just an idea.

I'm sure if everyone is involved in deciding the 'rules' of the private thread that we can come to a compromise instead of the racers just leaving us in the dark.

Another thing. The racers need TV personalities, to gain fan base the TV channels that everyone gets and not just the 'best cable package' need to be filming. We need this sport compared to NASCAR, and most people on this board do. But the outside world doesn't even know much about it accept if it comes to their city. A goo publicist and some money dumped into the TV channels that normal everyday people get would eventually get it comparable to NASCAR. Just take a look at what Monster Trucks do... right now they are closer to our quality of entertainment. They have specials on regular TV showing the workings of the trucks and history of their races. Their fan base is huge, and all they do is race in lame little laps which do not test the abilities of the trucks besides jumping and donuts.
Anyways... a lot of this sports problem is secrecy... and until I got a boat bigger and faster than most of the boats around here no one at the docks even wanted to talk with me. Now I talk to people who don't have boats, but if I see one of the ones who was too good with their boat I probably wouldn't carry a conversation with them, and have lowered the hatch just so they couldn't see. I don't have a boat anymore, and I know how the fans feel, if you guys keep on with the secrecy, you'll be losing fans instead of gaining.

Some things need to be talked about in privacy, but too much and people 'fans' start to distrust.

just my .02

I hope there are racers out there that when something need to be know by all will cut and paste it into the 'other' forums. For the most part the fans already feel distanced from the teams. It is awe inspiring just to talk to the driver and throttle man at the races. And for the bulk of the time many boats are roped of so the fan's can't even get good pictures. The drivers get in their trailers and aren't interested int he fans. Who is putting the show on? There wouldn't be a show without fans! This is not all teams, just a few of the 'big boys' The smaller teams seem to really have an interest in fans. These things need to change and be a required part of the races.

Ernie
Old 11-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too Old is about to be the first to get his avatar poofed.
lol
Old 11-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Registered

lmao
Old 11-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder who's $$ really supports this site? The "paying members" or some secret organization of which we the unwashed masses are not aware of? Since when is it against "board policy" to question descisions that change the overall public memberships use of the board so long as it is done within the confines of the already established "rules" of the board?
Old 11-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a sensitie subject, and one that's kind of hard to call for me.
I can see the logic of a private forum for racers, but where would it end? How about private forums then for:
1. Poker runners
2. Boat Clubs
3. Each different brand of boats
4. Shop owners on technical forums
5. Boat dealers
6. Sponsors

My point is, this is a PUBLIC FORUM.
If there is truly a need for a private forum for the racers, I am certain the resources exist to staart one off-site.
My non-racer .02
Old 11-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Registered

Agreed, we have decided to do a completely seperate entity funded by the ones involved. Thank you for your input.

OSO
Old 11-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Registered

Do I win a prize?
Old 11-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see an issue, as long as I'm not paying for it. If there's a separate or upgraded membership to be part of the racer's forum, fine with me..I don't care.
In all honesty, I think maybe the racers working some of their issues out in private is a good thing. Not everything needs to be aired out in public. Does the Sr. Mgmt. where you work invite everyone to Staff Meetings? Didn't think so.

Edit - guess I was a few minutes late on that one. OSO posted while I was typing. Good call guys..
Old 11-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Registered

Agreed, we have decided to do a completely seperate entity funded by the ones involved. Thank you for your input.
Argument over
Come on people move on...nothing to see here

Quick Reply: Unfair Locking Of Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.