Notices

pantera survivor

Old 11-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First and Foremost -
Pepe and Jo are doing alright inspite the severity of the accident. This could have been much worse, but thankfully it isn't. In light of this, we need to continue praying for their speedy recovery.

On behalf of the Nunez family I would like to thank EVERYONE that helped during this unfortunate event.
Unfortunately I can't remember everyones' names since the last couple of days seem like a big blur,but there were many.

In the upcoming days I'm sure Jo will post more info. but right now he needs to focus on himself and his family.

Here are pics of them as they were just about to start the race.
Attached Thumbnails pantera survivor-dsc00613.jpg  
Old 11-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached Thumbnails pantera survivor-dsc00614.jpg  
Old 11-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Did the Fountain Stop?????????

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Geeter-B
[B]During a Nascar Race, does the driver behind the car that wrecks stop to help??? No, that's what the safety crews are there for...

This is not nascar
Old 11-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default georges

No Sh*t???
Duh.....My point was if you think a boat 3 lengths behind going 90 should stop on a dime and stop to help your nuts. Yeah, I'll hit the brakes and leave more in the way for the racers behind me to have to dodge...
Maybe that's why I never understand what I read here....I thought this was a Nascar site with cool motor tech info and the members just happened to own boats.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geeter,

Have you ever raced? There are areas of every race course that can't be constantly monitored by safety crews. Racers stop to assist all the time. They may be the only ones that know that someone is in the water. I stand by my "thumbs down" statement if the Fountain did not stop.

Straight from the APBA rule book (yes, i know that it wasn't an APBA race....)-

RULE 11 – ACCIDENT ENCOUNTERS

The first racing craft to encounter an accident scene shall stop to render assistance (and notify Race Control on 78A). If the ultimate finishing position of a boat stopping to render assistance is negatively affected thereby, points shall be awarded as follows:

A. First Boat to Stop - When one boat stops to assist another boat in trouble: the boat that stops to assist receives points for the position it was in at the scoring point just prior to when he stopped. If the boat(s) involved in the accident are in the same class as the boat stopping to assist, then the boat(s) involved in the accident shall be removed from the actual scoring line-up at the scoring point prior to the accident before reassigning scoring positions in accordance with this rule.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:41 PM
Registered

In the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series, we have had several incidents where racers have ended up in the water. Most often, it has been another race boat that observed the incident occur and rendered first assistance by blocking oncoming boats who may not be aware that there are P.I.W.. Occasionally, racers from other boats have even entered the water to support an injured racer until a rescue boat arrives on scene to provide definative care. I believe this act defines true sportsmanship and their assistance is always greatly appreciated by the officials, victims, and the rescue staff.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

There were only two boats in F2 anyway. Why wouldn't the other F2 Boat stop? Makes no sense if the didn't - BH
Old 11-27-2003, 08:01 PM
seahorse

The Pantera race team ran very strong on Wednesday race.I was very impressed on the boats performance in 6 footers.The boat seemed to eat up the rough waters in Key West.Jo told me that after the start of lap three he had backed it down to 4700 RPM since he had almost a full lap lead on the F2 Fountain speedwear boat.It seemed like they were pulling away from the Fountain boat again on Sunday which i was impressed since it was much flatter water conditions.I hope these guys come back and race again next season .JO told me they still have more speed on the boat with more prop testing.

Hope you guys make a full and speedy recovery.

Seahorse

Old 11-28-2003, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad to hear that Jo and Pepe are gonna be ok. The boat can be repaired and I am sure they will race again. As for if the Fountain should have stopped, I am not goin to comment one way or the other. I think the only people who can truely comment on that one are Jo ad Pepe. I know what I would have done but I am not going to pass judgement on somebody else's actions without actually being in their situation at the time.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:59 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that it looks like all will recover and be ok.....

Quick Reply: pantera survivor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.