Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run

Notices

Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run

Old 11-26-2003, 07:02 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stu...
If you EVER need a character witness, I for one will be the first to stand behind you and I'm sure many others will follow!
Keep up the good work & I'm sure, one day I will be back in a mega go fast & will attend many more runs.
For now, if you ever would like to go out on my Post & have a leasurly day of cruising or sport fishing, the boat is now in Stuart and I'd be more than happy to take you out!
Dave
Old 11-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave, Whats up?, This is Ricky from over at Blue Lightning........ Fast Boats and Brawls, thats some mix.......I see you made it down to Florida. Stop by the shop when you get back, we are there from 3:30 on.........
Old 11-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by d-hlaw
The only difference is that the guy not following the rules goes back to work monday and continues to earn a living. Stu on the other hand can very easily lose his ability to do business if something bad happens. Imagine if somebody came to your business and did things that could end up causing you to lose everything.... He may have acted pissed but damn, he has everthing at stake from reputation to legal liability. If some poor schmo in a john boat got mowed down during a "show off" who do you think the attorneys will be looking to after the policy limits are exhausted on the boat owner?? Stu, thats who........
Very true. If someone threatened to possibly take away most everything that you worked for, I bet any one of us would be a little hot headed, especially if it WAS after repeated warnings. Also, just because you drop X coin to join a run, that doesnt give you the right to act or do as you please. Do that on your own time and dime.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:42 PM
DJD
Registered

Originally posted by Tricky919
Hey Dave, Whats up?, This is Ricky from over at Blue Lightning........ Fast Boats and Brawls, thats some mix.......I see you made it down to Florida. Stop by the shop when you get back, we are there from 3:30 on.........
Hey Ricky!!
I'll stop by next week!! Good to see you on the board! Shouldn't you be locking someone up instead of playing here?? LOL See ya soon
Dave
Old 11-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only fight I heard of while I was down there was someone from Mike Fiore's crew got banged up pretty good at Sloppy Joes on Friday night and injured his head and ear. The crew got back in there boat Sat AM and headed back to Ft Lauderdale for medical treatment

Bob Scanlon
Old 11-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered

Unhappy

Our common enemy are "terrorist" NOT fellow PowerBoaters...

--- Back to powerboating... Play Safe, follow the rules, or Go Away!

I would guess that most of our occupations do not include the liability of "other's stupidity".... (did I say that right?)

Well... Peace! and Happy Holidays!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:36 AM
LOBSTERBOY

Hey Dave ! Did you mean" looking up" or" locking up " or both?? Oh jeepers ,Ya ya ,definitely ,difinitely ,Walmart sucks ,ya, ya definitely

Old 11-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Registered

I've tried very hard not to post on this thread, I've just kept reading all the others. Usually in these instances it's the "cause and effect" theory that takes place. I don't know Stu, have heard good things of him. I certainly don't know the other party. However, if there is a problem, Stu can always kick him out of the run, if a problem continues, he can call the cops. Bottom line is, irregardless of anything, the finger in the chest is "completely unacceptable" for any reason at any time. That is a declaration of war. If I screw up and do something wrong, I'm big enough to apologize for it. If you put your finger in my chest, I'm fast enough to knock your teeth out with either hand before you even have the chance to pull your finger away. I don't condone it, but you only need six inches to throw a devestating punch. Only one of many many things I learned from Jung Park. Today fighting is risky. From a legal standpoint, from a "somebody gets mad, goes gets gun and shoots you", the list is endless. But if you find yourself in a situation that there is no way out, sometimes you have to make that decision. Just avoid it if you can. If you can't, don't fight angry, fight smart.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:13 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Stu, Jackie and crew put on a terrific event and bent over backwards to make it a great first time event for my wife and I.

Sorry, this "fight" issue is a no brainer. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a mutual agreement among all boat clubs to have a black list of individuals that don't want to follow the rules. "Gee, I am really sorry, just no room for you on this run. Can't get moorage for you etc. etc. "
Old 11-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Registered

CBR exactly my thought.
Im a member of the NJPPC and I have witnessed some bone headed moves and people being TALKED to. I have never seen a fist fight at one of our events. I believe there is a mutual respect that goes both ways from members to organizers (who are volunteers) and vise versa. If you dont follow the rules your out period.

As far as the court thing, I was not a witness but I think both parties need to take some responsibility here. Like someone mentioned above, if you have a mouth on you dont be surprised when you get popped. Its STU's show, dont invite the other party back, done.

Quick Reply: Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.