Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run >

Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run

Notices

Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run

Old 11-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stu and this other party have had disagreements before so you might understand extra frustration on his part. Is it right on a poker run that runs at 60-65 to blow buy the fleet at 130 and cut them off? has it occured to anyone that if this driver or anyone else kills someone on a run Stu is probably out of business? I've done over 30 runs with Stu and I have seen crashes and high speed cutoffs and washdowns that have seriously endangered lives including mine twice. Often his lectures are for the good of the boater themselves. During the heat of a run how else is he going to discuss it with them but on the radio in front of everyone? If he tells them they are done with the club that is his perogative. This guy told him he won't run 65 his boat is just too fast. Pleeeeease Everyone on an fpc event knows the speed and were they can cut loose. Sorcerer is much faster than this boat and he never has a problem conforming to the rules. If you don't accept the rules don't go on the run. Many poker runners on stu's events appreciate the added safety of not allowing some irresponsible driver to run over us at high speed. Rice Hauler well said! Hope everyone has a great holiday. NK
Old 11-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me that the issue here is not that the guy was wrong, that seems evident. The issue is how you deal with the person. No matter how wrong a person is, if you resort to cursing and degrading someone in public you are usually going to get a response you might not want. Toss the guy out and not let him run in future events..........
Old 11-28-2003, 08:41 AM
Registered

I MIGHT OF MISSED THIS,BUT STU NAME IS ALL OVER THIS. HOW COME THE OTHER GUYS NAME ISN'T OUT?
SEEMS ONLY FAIR NOW,BUT THAT SHOWS STU WOULD GET BLAMED IF SOMETHING HAPPENED CASE IN POINT.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Tricky919
It seems to me that the issue here is not that the guy was wrong, that seems evident. The issue is how you deal with the person. No matter how wrong a person is, if you resort to cursing and degrading someone in public you are usually going to get a response you might not want. Toss the guy out and not let him run in future events..........

You are exactly right!. When I read that these two individuals have had problems in the past, it makes the situation even more distrubing. Why re-invite a problem child to your event?

Regardless of who did what, who smacked who, they both got some black eyes and need to put egos aside and grow up.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by outer42
I MIGHT OF MISSED THIS,BUT STU NAME IS ALL OVER THIS. HOW COME THE OTHER GUYS NAME ISN'T OUT?
SEEMS ONLY FAIR NOW,BUT THAT SHOWS STU WOULD GET BLAMED IF SOMETHING HAPPENED CASE IN POINT.
BINGO

Scott B
Old 11-28-2003, 02:35 PM
fpcjackie

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
However, if there is a problem, Stu can always kick him out of the run, if a problem continues, he can call the cops. Bottom line is, irregardless of anything, the finger in the chest is "completely unacceptable" for any reason at any time. That is a declaration of war. If I screw up and do something wrong, I'm big enough to apologize for it. If you put your finger in my chest, I'm fast enough to knock your teeth out with either hand before you even have the chance to pull your finger away.
There was no finger in the chest. Not sure where that came from.
Stu kicked him off the event for driving like a maniac, he continued to the lunch stop and confronted Stu.
I was not there, this is the story I was told.

Old 11-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Registered

TELL WHO,IT'S ONLY FAIR.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Registered

why are people hiding the name,stu got all the bad press?
i did one run with him and havn't talked with him,so its me asking.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered

Question

Did some research.................. Might be way off, but this gentleman has a battery charge against him on the 21st of Nov......... Was he at the Run? http://www.clerk-of-the-court.com/de...ase_key=497417 Picture is halfway down http://www2.keysso.net/ArrestReports/ArrestLog13.htm

Last edited by Jolley; 12-03-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

Is this the guy???
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Fist Fight on Key West Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.