OSO ROCKS!!!!! Thanks Tantrum! >

OSO ROCKS!!!!! Thanks Tantrum!

Notices

OSO ROCKS!!!!! Thanks Tantrum!

Old 11-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OSO ROCKS!!!!! Thanks Tantrum!

A few weeks ago I posted for help in upper NJ to inspect bolsters for sale by a private individual. Tantrum was one of several OSO'ers who offered to help.

After the seller and I agreed on price, I overnighted the cashier's check to Tantrum, who arranged to meet the seller, inspect the parts, deliver the cashier's check and pick up the bolsters at the same time, AND arrange shipping them to St. Louis. In addition: he kept be posted on progress; when the deal looked like it might fall through, he advised me on how to help keep it alive; Tantrum called me from the seller's to confirm I knew key details on the bolster's design; when the seller wanted the cashier's check to clear before the bolsters left NJ, Tantrum warehoused them; he had his shipping department use extra care in their packing; and he used great judgment on insurance and carrier selection. I could not have asked for better help than what Tantrum did. And we've never even met in person. Tantrum is one of the reasons OSO is great.

Chart
Old 11-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WELL did you get them

Hope they work out well for you.

Jon
Old 11-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Registered

Yes, the arrived today. We unpacked them, and set them up on sawhorses, leaned the stands against the saw horse legs, and sat in them. A cold front came through overnight and it was about 26 degrees. So, we got a picture of me wearing a goose down coat, sitting in a bolster on a sawhorse, with my feet dangling like the little kid that I was at that point. It was better than Christmas.

I tried to email Tantrum the picture, but it didn't work. I also tried to post it here, but it's too big, and when the msg stating that fact popped up, all my writing was erased. (And before then, I had deleted it. So, I had to write that post 3 times!)

This weekend I'll test fit them in the boat. Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chart
Im very glad you are happy and it all came together.
It was a pleasure helping you out, I think that it is a huge benefit of the OSO family to have the contacts that we have and the ability to help one another.
Your investment in the bolsters was by no means pocket change and I only dealt with it the way that I would hope someone would for me if I needed.

Good luck with the install and be sure and post some pics when you get things rollin
Old 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Tantrum...thanks for helping out a fellow OSO'r. With all the stories of people getting porked on deals, it's great to see the support of the well meaning OSO members.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:14 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I love this place!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Now thats some dirty pool

Chart, I received the check for the shipping costs as we discussed.
What we didnt discuss was the other addition that was stuffed in the box. Thank you very much. It was not necessary and had it come in check form I would have never cashed it. I will drop it on the bar the next time Im out with other fellow OSOers and tell them that drinks are on Chart.
Thank you again and have a happy and healthy holiday.
Tantrum
Old 12-01-2003, 10:06 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris (Tantrum) is the sh!t, so is all that gang I know that hang at Lake George. They would go out of there way to help you and make you comfortable, it almost makes you sick sometimes!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

tantrum also helped me out with a canvas for my rig. tantrum lives around the corner from me and im waiting for the local o.s.o.ers to get together for a bash. its nice to see people go that extra mile for someone they dont even know. people joined together for one common reason, that reason, speed........G.L. tiger all the way.................
Old 12-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Yeah that Tantrum character...he's A OKAY in my book!

Quick Reply: OSO ROCKS!!!!! Thanks Tantrum!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.