Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   finally got to do it (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64732-finally-got-do.html)

hugetime1 11-26-2003 08:38 AM

finally got to do it

after dating the old bird for 2 long gruling years, I finally have to meet her parents, I will be leaving tonight to go have thanksgiving with them. I will be honest I am a little nervous, I am sure they are going to just grill me all day and try to find out what I am all about. So what i was thinking of doing is getting really tanked up at dinner and just be a fool so they will never want me back again cuz that 4 hour drive sucks.

Audiofn 11-26-2003 08:43 AM

Man I have to do the same thing. But I like her parents but the 6.5 hour drive up there does SUCK!!!!! Oh well the sacrifices that we have to make.

Jon

CigDaze 11-26-2003 08:49 AM

That sucks man! I hate meeting the parents. Mostly, because I hate behaving! :D :D

Now, they're inlaws and it gets worse as soon as you say I do. Can't wait for Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

JUSTONCE 11-26-2003 08:56 AM

I'd rather meet another set of parents than spend the holidays alone:(

Airpacker 11-26-2003 11:09 AM

Just be thankful you don't have my inlaws. They sold their house,bought a summer place on an island and end up living in my house for the month between closing the island and moving south for the winter. Then I get them all over again in spring :( Count your blessings all you have to do is have dinner with them.

NASTY HABIT 11-26-2003 11:55 AM

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
I'd rather meet another set of parents than spend the holidays alone:(
COME ON DOWN !! I have even been thinking of getting a turkey :eek:

hugetime1 11-26-2003 11:57 AM

troutly, i have been avoiding them

MitchStellin 11-26-2003 12:02 PM

Yeh, I am with Just Once...where are you, you can come on over to Grand Rapids. Bring your Avatar!! This is a bad time for a divorce...if there is a good time. Oh well, I have time.

JUSTONCE 11-26-2003 12:06 PM

Originally posted by NASTY HABIT
COME ON DOWN !! I have even been thinking of getting a turkey :eek:
If I could get out of work long enough believe me I wouldn't be spending the holidays anywhere near this god forsaken town.:rolleyes:

JUSTONCE 11-26-2003 12:19 PM

Originally posted by MitchStellin
Yeh, I am with Just Once...where are you, you can come on over to Grand Rapids. Bring your Avatar!! This is a bad time for a divorce...if there is a good time. Oh well, I have time.
I read you're story, sorry to hear that man. I wasn't married but very in love:rolleyes: if there is a such thing. Its been 6 months and not a day goes by, owe well after new years I assume it'll get easier. All I know is I picked the wrong time to quit drinking.:D