Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Things people do on your boat that piss you off >

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Notices

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Old 11-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to own the boat and now it belongs to my step dad, we were picking up his friends and went out for a day one the lake. It started getting late and I thought we were going in....... nope..... we were stoping in the middle of the lake, turning up the stereo, and everyone thinks it; is a good I idea to dance on the bow with shoes on. It's isn't my boat anymore, but I did consult my step dad the next day. I told him do you realize the extreme care and work I put into doing my own graphics on the bow of this boat? And could he please refrain from dancing on the bow, atleast while I am in the boat. They even steppet on the windshield frame. I plan on buying the boat back after college, and don't want it all trashed up.

This is mom on the boat when it was taken for a test drive by step dad to buy. You can see a reflection in the deck, and she isn't wearing shoes. He buys the boat and the rules change.

Ernie
Attached Thumbnails Things people do on your boat that piss you off-reflection.jpg  
Old 11-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have to admitt, pretty good reading.. kept in stiches for some time. I am trying to think of what tightens my jaw when boating.. I guess if I had not caught the guy with the cooler on he deck, I would go balistic. I usually look for that kind of problem to head it off.. One time a group of guys went boating and one boat was over loaded. I ended up being a nice guy. Well the styrofoam cooler didnt last and I learned a lesson.

I put a towel on the seat and make people step on it so I can see the dirt. I ask them to clean their shoes and IF I get any flack.. I tell them I clean the boat, I should be the only one to dirty it!! Kick the sh** off your shoes and step on the towel.

I laugh when people want to drive, unless she is new to boating and wants the special drivers training course.. that can be arranged.

Smoking is allowed only on the swim deck, hold on just in case I have an urge to lean on that throttle!!

Pee off the swim platform?, only the ladies, guys go in the drink. I do have two bathrooms on board, one the porta potty, the other is a hospital jug. One for the ladies to sit and the other is for the guys to hit! No standing shots.. up close and personal only. But then most of the people I take for a ride are considerate and understand that I still owe the bank more for my boat than they do on their house, so we do have fun..

I hate holding back on the throttles because some one almost died when they were a kid swimming in the pond at the golf course, but being considerate, I will. Next time I tell them this ride is to scratch an itch I have for going fast!! That usually keeps them on the dock..

I can see everyone's point of view, although I have come to the conclusion that most of it doesnt matter. Life is too short and enjoying it is what counts.

So lets go boating!! If your not nice.. you wont boat with me again!!

Dick
Old 11-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I like that post Gadget.... right on bro, couldn't agree more

Dave
Old 11-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of what Dick said
I will let others drive my boat but you better be related or have allready proven to me that you can handle it.
( and I will have my hands on the lanyards)
Old 11-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

SMOKING IS ALRIGHT
SHOES NO, SNEAKERS ONLY
GAS "CHIP IN, THATS A LAUGH" WHEN YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT DRINKS ABOUT 50 GALLONS A HOUR. MOST PEOPLE CHOKE WHEN WE PULL UP TO THE GAS DOCK.
BUT I MUST ADMIT THE WORST FOR ME IS WAITING FOR PEOPLE. IT NEVER FAILS THERE IS ALWAYS THAT ONE, WIFE INCLUDED WHO HAS THE MAKE THE REST WAIT.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a picture of my No Shoes sticker.
I need to name my boat . All my buddy's on the vhf call the boat No Shoes . I haven;t been able to come up with a good one yet.
Attached Thumbnails Things people do on your boat that piss you off-hustler-no-shoes.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

1) come aboard and get drunk with there kids there.. never again
2) we bought cool-aid for the kids

and the number one thing

after the day is over they jump off the boat and run to there cars and don't help off load gear or clean the boat

car to me is no big deaal.. had a guy one time offer to fill it up with his CC and i turned to him and said.. You know this will cost about 250to top her off.. don't worry i got it.. as he started to put his CC back into his wallet
Old 12-03-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered

and one other thing NO DRUGS.. all i need is to USCG to take the boat for 500 dollar worth of coke or something like that
Old 12-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I love to take out my friends all day them drop them off, cause they have somewere to be. Don't worry I'll clean and load up the boat no problem! Just wait by the phone for the next trip!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Chris
I have noticed I enjoy boating with people who own boats allot more than people who have no concept of proper etiquette and respect for the property of others.
Great thread! This quote from Chris kinda sums it all up doesn't it?

Next to that, I mounted a plaque in the cabin that reads 'Captain's Word Is Law'.

My pet peeve, and I have many, has got to be riders who show up WELL past the appointed time. My time on the water is precious to me. YOU are not!!

Last edited by Macklin; 12-03-2003 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.