Things people do on your boat that piss you off >

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Notices

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Old 11-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's just a couple of rules for the boat that I strickly enforce, NAKED FEET ONLY and NO SMOKING. The previoius owner was the same way. He even made the surveyor take his shoes off to board the boat to do the survey. That was in the middle of December.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same peeves as others....

Sitting or walking on the folded bimini
Dirty shoes/sandles
Tossing their stuff just any old place
Guests that don't seem to care about my property and create a constant mess
Crumbly foods like chips, cookies , crackers, etc
Absolutely no Kool-Aid or red colored soft/hard drinks
Chocolate and other forms of candy or gum
I hate people that don't offer to help, even though I'd decline the offer unless I know they're experienced boaters

Sometimes the wife says I'm anal about this kind of stuff. If she had to clean up behind these types of "guest" she'd be "anal" too. I get almost no help keeping the boat clean. The cleaner we are while using it the easier it is keep clean.

As for drunks passing ouit or starting fights at the dock, it would only happen once. I'd never let it happen again or invite those that make it a habit. I'm not a bouncer or referee

Not waving at those that don't wave first?
How do know the other person(s) isn't waiting for you to wave first? Maybe they think you're stuck-up for not waving.
It works both ways.

Last edited by Iggy; 11-26-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Registered

Twist-off beer caps. If you miss one somehow when cleaning up, they leave a rusty circle on the deck that can be a pain in the a$$ to remove. Pretzels - they turn to cement when exposed to seawater and sun. People that start scrambling around on board when approaching the dock. People that get offended when I go back and re-tie the docklines. Seagulls. Kids. Somebody else's wife that has to pee just after you leave the dock. People that think I'm kidding when I tell them the head WILL NOT be used. People that drive the wrong side of the channel. Poodles. People that don't like hockey. People that start bending down to pick something up at high speed in 3-4 footers.

Last edited by rouxsterre; 11-26-2003 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

coming boating and wearing hard soles shoes. they should know better "Please take off you f**king shoes"
Old 11-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres a hint for you shoe haters(me included). The next time someone walks on your boat with shoes on,ask them where they left their car. When they ask why,tell them as you visibly put your own shoes on that you are going to go walk across the hood of it. And for those who want to walk on your seat with shoes on,ask them if the walk on the furniture at their house wearing shoes,then explain that the cost of reupholstering your boat is gonna be way more than they paid for the lousy couch at home. It usually gets the point across.

Besides shoes,what pissesmeoff the most is the guest that feels they need to bring a months worth of crap out on the boat and just toss the crap all over the place.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:57 PM
BigChief

Default smoking

How about the, "do you mind if I smoke?" Sure, just ash all over my interior, and when u put it out...just use the seat. OR, when they ask to drive..... "sure, u've never driven a boat in ure life, so just lean on the throttles and find out how fast you can get it up to"

Old 11-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Registered

Airpacker,
I agree with you and the others about the shoes! It is a subject that my husband and I feel uncomfortable bringing up sometimes because we don't want to piss anyone off. But, I feel like if someone doesn't respect our feelings about wearing shoes on our boat, then I'm not going to worry about them getting pissed off. As a matter of fact, we had stickers made that we have on both our boat and our trailer that says:

"Shoes On...Ass Off"

~Cat

Last edited by Sunrise Girl; 11-26-2003 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Registered

I'm pretty open about stuff I allow smoking on my boat cause I smoke and I don't have much upholstry. Everyone takes off thier shoes when I take off mine. The only thing that pisses me off is when I throw anchor and finally get situated to chill for a while at the beach and someone asks for a ride. Yes I'm flattered but I hate pulling the anchor putting it away and all that crap ten times.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no bottles
no dark soled shoes

other than that i'm okay with just about everything...

yeah right !!!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: smoking

Originally posted by BigChief
How about the, "do you mind if I smoke?" Sure, just ash all over my interior, and when u put it out...just use the seat. OR, when they ask to drive..... "sure, u've never driven a boat in ure life, so just lean on the throttles and find out how fast you can get it up to"
Funny but not too many people will ask to drive a cat , I think its the fear factor

MrsWigginout, I saw a sign on a transom of a fountain cruiser that read" remove your shoes or I'll toss your ass overboard"

Quick Reply: Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.