Notices

Bush in Iraq

Old 11-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GWB went overseas to be with our troops instead of staying home with his family on Thanksgiving...How many people would do that?
Old 11-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
Agreed!!! (But I am still pissed about him going and hiding in a hole after 9/11 like a little girl.)
[/SIZE] [/B]

That might be the most ignorant statement i have ever heard . If you watched the documentary on the events of that day, you would know that everything ric said is true. In an event such as 911, there is a federal protocol that goes into effect immediately. Be it a republican or democrat president. If gore was president the same thing would have happened and i personally would not have had a problem with it. Cheney and bush's staff were taken into the bunker in the white house. Cheney was quoted as saying the two secret service agents came into his office and physically lifted him up and brought him to the bunker. I'm not positive on this but i think it was the first time this protocol was ever implemented. At that point there were still two planes headed for Washington and 2000 planes still unaccounted for. Anyone with a half a brain would understand that at that moment, the last place bush should have gone was to Washington. Do you have any clue the chaos that would have followed if the president (Republican or democrat) was assassinated on top of what had already taken place that day? With all that was going on, the main objective at that point was the presidents safety.

It is amazing to me how people are so one sided in there views. Yes i normally vote republican, but i am registered independent. This allows me to evaluate each individual candidate and make an educated decision on who I think is best for the job. If i thought that a democratic candidate was more qualified I would vote for them. Always voting for one particular party, no matter what is insane. If all of a sudden cigarette stopped making high performance boats and started making sailboats, would you buy one because that's what you have always done? Or would you look at another manufacturer, because Cigarette no longer meet's your needs. Yes, it is a simple and mundane analogy, but you get the point. Wow that would really suck huh........ Happy bird day...

Last edited by impulsive; 11-27-2003 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Registered

Looked like a photo opp. to me.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:28 PM
Registered

Of course it was a photo opp, but do you really think that was his primary intention? Do you really think they would take that big a risk for a photo opp?
Old 11-28-2003, 06:48 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, some wild replies on this thread. . .

Let's just say that I support the President and I give him a lot of credit for what he has done. Just ask the troops over there is they felt it was a sincere visit. . It WAS.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Banned

Originally posted by catmando
Takes more guts to meet the troops in body bags at Dover AFB, that's why he hasn't done that.
Cat, I'm very dissapointed to see this response from you. You know I tend to stay out of the politcal crap on here, but even if you don't respect the President, show some respect for our men over there fighting.

By the way, I think the trip shows class, courage, and respect. Three things the Democratic Party has no use for.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Registered

Man it must suck to be old, ignorant and bitter!!

Dubya is the man!!

Thank you. I was just looking for a warm meal somewhere. Thank you for inviting me to dinner. General Sanchez, thank you, sir, for your kind invitation and your strong leadership. Ambassador Bremer, thank you for your steadfast belief in freedom and peace. I want to thank the members of the Governing Council who are here, pleased you are joining us on our nation's great holiday, it's a chance to give thanks to the Almighty for the many blessings we receive.

I'm particularly proud to be with the 1st Armored Division, the 2nd ACR, the 82nd Airborne. I can't think of a finer group of folks to have Thanksgiving dinner with than you all. We're proud of you. Today, Americans are gathering with their loved ones to give thanks for the many blessings in our lives. And this year we are especially thankful for the courage and the sacrifice of those who defend us, the men and women of the United States military.

I bring a message on behalf of America: We thank you for your service, we're proud of you, and America stands solidly behind you. Together, you and I have taken an oath to defend our country. You're honoring that oath. The United States military is doing a fantastic job. You are defeating the terrorists here in Iraq, so that we don't have to face them in our own country. You're defeating Saddam's henchmen, so that the people of Iraq can live in peace and freedom.

By helping the Iraqi people become free, you're helping change a troubled and violent part of the world. By helping to build a peaceful and democratic country in the heart of the Middle East, you are defending the American people from danger and we are grateful.

You're engaged in a difficult mission. Those who attack our coalition forces and kill innocent Iraqis are testing our will. They hope we will run.We did not charge hundreds of miles into the heart of Iraq, pay a bitter cost in casualties, defeat a brutal dictator and liberate 25 million people only to retreat before a band of thugs and assassins.

We will prevail. We will win because our cause is just. We will win because we will stay on the offensive. And we will win because you're part of the finest military ever assembled. And we will prevail because the Iraqis want their freedom.

Every day you see firsthand the commitment to sacrifice that the Iraqi people are making to secure their own freedom. I have a message for the Iraqi people: You have an opportunity to seize the moment and rebuild your great country, based on human dignity and freedom. The regime of Saddam Hussein is gone forever.

The United States and our coalition will help you, help you build a peaceful country so that your children can have a bright future. We'll help you find and bring to justice the people who terrorized you for years and are still killing innocent Iraqis. We will stay until the job is done. I'm confident we will succeed, because you, the Iraqi people, will show the world that you're not only courageous, but that you can govern yourself wisely and justly.

On this Thanksgiving, our nation remembers the men and women of our military, your friends and comrades who paid the ultimate price for our security and freedom. We ask for God's blessings on their families, their loved ones and their friends, and we pray for your safety and your strength, as you continue to defend America and to spread freedom.

Each one of you has answered a great call, participating in an historic moment in world history. You live by a code of honor, of service to your nation, with the safety and the security of your fellow citizens. Our military is full of the finest people on the face of the earth. I'm proud to be your commander in chief. I bring greetings from America. May God bless you all.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Registered

I JUS RED THIS WHOLE THREAD, AND CAN'T BELIEVE THE COMMENTS FROM A FEW.
IF A PERSON CAN'T SEE THE GOOD IN SOMETHING AND HAS TO CRITICIZE IT,IS A SHAME.
CAT YOUR VOTING RIGHTS NEED TO BE TAKEN AWAY,IF YOU VOTE FOR SOMEONE JUS BECAUSE THERE DEMOCRATS IS A SHAME,THEN DON'T VOTE FOR ANYONE IF THATS THE CASE.
YOU'RE THE PERSON THAT SEES THE GLASS HALF EMPTY ALL THE TIME INSTEAD OF HALF FULL.
GET A LIFE AND MORALS,BUT IF YOU LIKED CLINTON I CAN SEE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY(WHAT HE PUT THIS COUNTRY THROUGH)
ANY PRESIDENT (BUSH) THAT DID WHAT HE DID WAS IS A GOOD PERSON!!!!!!!!

Last edited by outer42; 11-28-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:33 AM
rpusillo

DITTO Outer42!

When no sooner then our hearts swell with inspiration and pride, on a day when gratitude is on our minds and these pee brained individuals take an opportunity to grand stand their political stupidity!! I'm proud and grateful for my, President George W. Bush and my name is Ray Pusillo no need to hide behind screen names about this!

Last edited by rpusillo; 11-28-2003 at 10:43 AM.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Hopefully this thread will not deteriorate to the point they do in the CA section. Unfortunately it looks like it is heading in that direction. It would be nice to see this type of thread stay proactive and positive. There are times and places for debates, rhetorical defamation, character assassination, and plain old name calling. It would be nice to see this thread maintain a civility that would show our support and thanks to all that serve our great country, and not turn it into a political bash fest. Henceforth, if you don't have anything positive to say, possibly just abstain from posting negative thoughts. I know it is hard, but just one thread would not be too much to ask for some to negate posting their own political agenda. BTW, don't turn this reply into a "freedom of speech" debate, it is not intended as such. Plain old manners, if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all. I'm off my soapbox now. And yes, I am impressed that the President took the opportunity to spend time with our troops in Iraq. A trip which will surely boost moral. Sam

Quick Reply: Bush in Iraq

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.