Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bush in Iraq (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64819-bush-iraq.html)

CAP071 11-27-2003 01:07 PM

Bush in Iraq

Wow regardless of what you think of the man as president, He flew into IRAQ to meet with service men and women. I can't think of what was going through his mind as they approached the airport, then had to take off again.

They said he landed at night with all lights out and windows blacked out as well, met with the troops then took off again at night. Bet he had his fingers crossed :D

DENNYB 11-27-2003 01:13 PM

What a gutty move on his part and idea.

Audiofn 11-27-2003 01:21 PM

Well I am sure that if he did it they had PLENTY of security on the ground and the air to take care of things. Still scarry to think that he was there. I am sure the troops apreciated it.

Jon

Pantera1 11-27-2003 04:00 PM

Bla Bla Bla

WHAT A JERK !!!

Pantera1 11-27-2003 04:38 PM

Blablabla

You realy dont believe that do ya.. WS

Pantera1 11-27-2003 04:42 PM

The clintons

Bout right

CAP071 11-27-2003 04:42 PM

NO matter what I give him credit for going there.

Can you name The presidents that have been at the front at any wars?

CAP071 11-27-2003 04:44 PM

I don't remember seeing Kennedy In Vietnam for the Holidays?

clearcut3 11-27-2003 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Winston Smith
He only went there because Hillary was just in Afghanistan, Hillary announced her trip and looked around and talked to people

Bush flew on a darkened airplane into a heavily secure airport, then gives a speech at the airport and leaves 2 hours later...Never leaving the airport. Then, once in the air he makes a announcement, Not to say he is GOING to Baghdad, But to announce that he just LEFT Baghdad, The troops were hand picked and most in Iraq had no idea he was even there

Hillary called him on this on Thanksgiving...Bush had to go there, The republicans are watching the military vote slip away, of course they are gonna pull a photo op, I looked , but didn't see any "mission accomplished" banners, I am surprised Bush wasn't wearing his military costume

I hate to do this on thanksgiving day but you are SUCH a dumb*ss and a political partisan hack why don't you spend some time doing things worthwile instead of spreading your innapropriate garbage on here. While we are paying all your dam taxes why don't you go and work at a soup kitchen for the homeless today.

First off he does not have to go over there because Hilary is there. She may get a few smiling photo ops but in the end the MAJORITY of american troops would just assume send her *ss packing back to the US. She can roam the streets without having to worry about being a target of terrorists because
she is one of their biggest allies. Of course the president of the US is going to have to fly in there under lights and in secret. He is the only person who has shown that he has the balls to not only stand up to the terrorists, but to continue the job until it is finished.

I really don't expect to see you ever pat a republican on the back for doing something worthwile because you are a PARTISAN HACK. I am more than happy to give plenty of credit to any politician when they do the correct thing no matter what that is.

In my opinion this president showed why he is so well loved by people because he took time out of his Thanksgiving day to show the american troops how much he appreciates the job they are doing. In my opinion you owe every veteran of this country an apology for making this into your political platform. You didn't see anyone on this site poking fun at Hillary and saying she is only there for political motives or because she doesn't have much of a family life since her husband can't keep his d*ck in his pants. By and large most of us were just happy to see that she has taken the time to go over there and visit the troops on this holiday.

I'm done. Time to look at boating topics.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Pantera1 11-27-2003 05:35 PM

The question

Vote for who in 2004 cat ???