Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ok, Someone Talk Me Into Moving To The West Coast!! >

Ok, Someone Talk Me Into Moving To The West Coast!!

Notices

Ok, Someone Talk Me Into Moving To The West Coast!!

Old 11-28-2003, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitch,

Come on out to God's country.. we were in the pool most of the day yestardy with the Turkey on The BBQ!

You can join SCOPE and Hang with the West coast gang!

www.SCOPEinfo.com
Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Lived in Santa Clara Valley.
Couldn't afford to take a p*ss!!
I have so much more as far as material items living in the midwest.
Go to FLA and spend your summers on the"Lake".
Old 11-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Registered

I have thought of FLA. It would be a nice place to live I am sure and the weather is good. I am open and ya Mike you can come along but you need a tent, I am sleeping in the X This is the early stage so it could be a while but I predict vacating this place as soon as I can.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Registered

yeah those places have alot of snowmobileing
Old 11-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Registered

I know, I will have to travel a little farther to sled.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:24 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Next thing you know Mitch will own a Hallett or a Lavey craft, with jet drive or a v-drive in it!!!

I'd head south ........Hey Orange Beach is the place you outta be.......Gulf of Mexico.......seafood.........Live Bait.......hopefully the home of the APBA Worlds............the people are nice......and the prices are good for just about anything!!! Think before you go to the other side!!!!
Old 11-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Mitch,
The prior posts on Cali are mostly way off base.

Let me introduce you to Sacramento, CA. You can buy a place for a reasonable amount of money. Wells Fargo has a very large presence here. We have the California Delta in our back door (home of two great boating events, Big Cat Poker Run and the Sacramento Bridge to Bridge Water Front Radar Runs and many smaller poker runs on an annual basis).

Two Pacific Offshore Races within 1 hours an an annual basis.

As for snowmobiling, I can be in Tahoe on the sleds within an hour from my house. The wife and I ride every weekend during the winter. In addition we return home to our heated pool and swim in the winter as well.

RP,
Obviously you have not been to Sacramento, nothing you stated holds true for north/central California (just stay out of the bay area). As for inland boating, you will not find a better place than the California Delta. Come on out, I will show you some of the coolest boating in the world.

One minute you are on glass cruising along, then you hit the Rio Vista channel with the wind blowing and you are getting 4+ feet out of the water. It is awesome.

Mitch,
Let me know if I can do anything else to help you.

Rick
Old 11-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered

I have actually been thinking of starting over and moving to either Florida or California as well. Each has a lot to offer, but I like the fact that Florida has no state income tax like Texas. I have not really had a chace to spend much time in Florida. I have been out a couple of times to visit my friends in Hunnington and Newport, CA and it is great but the water is cold and the cost of living is high.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Registered

West coast of Florida is nice. St. Pete/Tampa, Sarasota, etc. Great great boating, lots of OSO'ers, OPBA (Offshore PowerBoat Association) out of St. Pete is a GREAT "hi-po" boat club, not outrageously expensive to live, first summer will be a little getting used to but you will. All in all not too bad.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Registered

Cali is nice and all.......

But all I can think of is my brothers house outside of L.A. 1300 sq. feet and built in the 1930's that costs almost $400,000.

I would only move there if I could make $250,000+..... That's just me, and it is nice out there.

Texas is nice too.......I believe 105 has his house on the market, you could look at it.

Quick Reply: Ok, Someone Talk Me Into Moving To The West Coast!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.