Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Finally got my baby to lauderdale, so where to eat/drink? >

Finally got my baby to lauderdale, so where to eat/drink?

Notices

Finally got my baby to lauderdale, so where to eat/drink?

Old 12-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my baby to lauderdale, so where to eat/drink?

Finally put some muscle behind a long time goal of boating in lauderdale over the winter. I am keeping the boat right in the Lauderdale area and would like some ideas of good food/drink tie-ups? I know all the regulars, Charlie's Crab, Shooters, River Walk.. where are the other hot spots (from Hillsboro down to Miami)? I need to hear from some of the experience out there.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cove, Just South of Hillsboro Blvd Bridge, I think you pretty much have the rest of it from Hillsboro to Riverwalk(dont forget The Downtowner Saloon, and Shirttail Charlies, across the river from Riverwalk) wrapped up, maybe someone else can help out with South of Port Everglades(oh yeah,15th. street fishery, just North of 17th. street causeway), I know there are some places in Hollywood.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are great ones. Make the run from Port Everglades to Goverment cut and hit Monty's at Miami Beach Marina. Go a little further in and you can hit Hard Rock Cafe or Shuckers.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you like Greek Food and Dancing, OPA just north of the Hollywood Bridge is the place. They Dance on your table, smash dishes on the floor, it's just an all around good spot.

You can go North to West Palm Beach and anchor around Peanut Island. Allways talent there.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The suggestions look pretty good so far. But let me add a few other personal favorites:
The Marriott Marina on 17th street. By water just north of the lauderdale inlet follow the Channel on the east side right before the Chevron. (You can PM me for exact directions)
easy to get to, Outdoor Tiki Bar right on the docks. Pool etc. and lots of people (hotties) all the time. The Bimini Beach Club is right next to it too.

As previously mentioned Monty's and the Hard Rock. (these are probably where you'll get the best cool factor and again Monty's has a pool) Shuckers too.
But what about Sunday River. Great Brunch on Sundays. Easy to get to just southeast of the Rickenbacker Causeway. The Sunday Brunch is one of the best by boat that I have ever found and shorts are allowed.

Go with someone who knows the way the first time but Gilberts is an easy cruise through Biscayne Bay. And a must do stop sometime. Plus the Marriott Key Largo is just another 10 mins away. This is probably a little more of a day trip but it is one of my favorites anytime I am entertaining guests. And it really is not too hard to do.

The biggest thing is that there are lot's of places to go and if you hit one each day by the end of the season you'll really have fulfilled your dream to use your boat.
Best,
Rice Hauler
Old 12-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

Originally posted by animalhouse
If you like Greek Food and Dancing, OPA just north of the Hollywood Bridge is the place. They Dance on your table, smash dishes on the floor, it's just an all around good spot.

You can go North to West Palm Beach and anchor around Peanut Island. Allways talent there.
Peanut Island is great during the day(watch out for sandbars) just anchor, swim and party all day, stop at Two georges, or Bananna Boat on the way back. On second thought, just pick me up(Since I broke my boat on the way Back from Peanut Island last Friday), and I'll show you around, at least the Lauderale, West Palm area, not too familiar with the Miami Stuff. If you are going to go out at night, make sure you know where your goin, or have a chartplotter with a chip, There are some shallow areas out there, I found one last week, after having a little exhaust problem, Left Peanut Island at 4 PM, and ended up coming back in the dark due to the 5 MPH cruise to keep my boat from overheating, and getting outside of the channel in Lake Worth, it was just a shallow sandy area, but enough to make a bad day even worse.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:54 PM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another great eatery on the water in Pompano Beach is Houston's right on the intercoastal and Atlantic Blvd.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Goodfella
Another great eatery on the water in Pompano Beach is Houston's right on the intercoastal and Atlantic Blvd.
YUP,

forgot that one, also Sands hotel, has a bar, and restaurant.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

OOOOOPS, forgot another,

not a very Fancy one, but there is the Roadhouse, at Commercial Blvd Bridge.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Registered

Damn,

I eat out WAYYYYYYYY too much!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally got my baby to lauderdale, so where to eat/drink?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.