Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailerless boat must be moved (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65134-trailerless-boat-must-moved.html)

Scott B 12-02-2003 05:11 AM

Trailerless boat must be moved

Have a 22' boat in NJ that needs to find its way either to N Fl this weekend (Jax area) or to S Fl in the next week or so. Anyone heading this way with an empty trailer????

Expenses will be paid.. Beer will be bought (After I get the boat :D )

Scott B

Scott B 12-02-2003 09:09 PM

TTT

DONZI 12-03-2003 03:39 PM

I thought i would bring it to the top for you buddy.Even though i hate to see another go south.

On another note.
It looks like an NFL wk.end for us.
I heard frozen Dolphin taste like Tuna and you know how much we enjoyed that recently ! We even special ordered a Nor'Easter this wk. end to enjoy it with.

(This should keep this post alive,least till a hauler shows up)

SS930 12-03-2003 03:41 PM

Hey Scott,
Why don't you rent a trailer and bring it down yourself or is that not an option?

Just a thought... and it got you ttt!

ChrisK 12-03-2003 03:49 PM

I just came back from NY... I was up there and coulda brought it back for you if I had known... just woulda needed the trailer, oh well...

Scott B 12-03-2003 06:01 PM

I have a trailer in Miamuh for the boat, kind of a long story.. Too many boats, too many trailers in the wrong places..

Looks like we will be northbound tomorrow night, have to be home Sunday night :eek: so it is going to be quite the drive. If you see a Ford dually towing North with an empty trailer, watch out... Florida boyz in ice n snow aint never pretty :D :D :D

Scott B

ChrisK 12-03-2003 11:47 PM

I made the trip to upstate NY in a lil over 20 hours non-stop... should be about the same for you....

Scott B 12-04-2003 03:55 AM

Saturday we launch the boat to put it on a road worthy trailer.. Weather forecast: Mix of rain and snow. High of 38 degrees..

Ducky.....

Scott B

Scott B 12-08-2003 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Left Thurs @ 1:30, stopped for the night in Santee 10ish.. Arrived Brick Fri @ 5ish.. Woke up to this.. Loaded boat Sat, left 1ish in whiteout conditons, home 5 Sunday.. Love those Powerstrokes, but next time take the single rear wheel and leave the dually home :D :D

Scott B

Tonto 12-09-2003 01:10 AM

Next time, leave a little earlier in the fall, before the snow. Moving to S. Fl. myself.

105mph_38_2003 12-09-2003 01:16 AM

Do SRW's drive better than DRW's in the snow?? I have never had to drive in snow but might be going to MI or OH. If I do should I take our SRW truck?? This has me thinking now....

Scott B 12-09-2003 04:30 AM

The only other dually we saw in the snow was a four wheel drive with aggressive tires. The street tires (Michelin's) on our truck filled up with snow immediately, and spun every chance they got. Do it again I would take the SRW.

Scott B

SS930 12-09-2003 06:39 AM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
Do SRW's drive better than DRW's in the snow?? I have never had to drive in snow but might be going to MI or OH. If I do should I take our SRW truck?? This has me thinking now....
PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN AND WHERE YOU'LL BE DRIVING IN THE SNOW!!! :eek: :D

Roger 1 12-09-2003 08:29 AM

I had a DRW and it would get stuck very easily. If I ever get another one it will have 4 wheel drive with positraction in the rear.

stevel 12-09-2003 02:12 PM

You need 4WD with either of them. My dually has a limited slip rear and is still worthless in the snow without 4WD turned on. A single wheel is only slightly better. Not good. 4WD is a must if you have a lot of snow in your path.

Steve

Scott B 12-09-2003 05:05 PM

I have driven my SRW 2DW PSD in a couple major storms, and it does real well with aggressive tires on it. 4WD would be nicer I guess, but the brain behind the go pedal has more to do with it than the actual vehicle.. On our trip last week the other vehicle trying to run with us was a 4WD and he put it in a ditch...

Scott B