Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida waters , where can you run ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65152-florida-waters-where-can-you-run.html)

boot 12-02-2003 11:08 AM

Florida waters , where can you run ?

I know there was talk of lots of no wake zones . Is there anywhere left where you can run besides the ocean ? Taking a boat this weekend to leave for the winter . It will be in Fort LAuderdale . Where can we cruise ?:cool: And where can we not ?:mad: IS it as bad as it sounds ? Thanks ,Joe

rchevelle71 12-02-2003 11:51 AM

RUN it in the OCEAN!!!!!

Seriously, There is not much runnin room on the inside all the way From Hallandale, up through Boca, once you get North into Lake Worth area, there is some pretty long Speed Zones, they say 25MPH, but usually no problem going MUCH faster in these areas. Where is the boat being stored, if its on the river, dont even think about it, they will be all over ya, I get yelled at all the time for goin 7MPH in a 5MPH zone?????? Also, some of the usual 25MPH zones, are No-Wake from Nov. 15 to April 15????, damn Manatees come inside for the winter!!!!! Let me know if ya want a navigator when ya get here.

CigDaze 12-02-2003 12:11 PM

We have a few interspersed no wake zones around here, but it's mainly near bridges and in congested areas. It's NOT ad bad as it sounds here. We run up and down the intercoastal, there a ton of bays and protected WOT areas.

lucky strike 12-02-2003 12:19 PM

I belive after 7PM you can run 25MPH down the intercoastal, well I do at least LOL, and there aren't many COPS out at night.

LS

Joe 12-02-2003 01:01 PM

Originally posted by rchevelle71
RUN it in the OCEAN!!!!!

Let me know if ya want a navigator when ya get here.

rchevelle,
Thinking about running from Miami to KW in Feb.. Otherwise, I'm launching from either the crappy ramp in Marathon (which I usually am only able to get the boat off/on the trailer at exact high tide!) or further N. in Plantation key (which I hear is nice - but nervous about navigating it. Haven't used this ramp b4).

If you're interested, e-mail me your number. Maybe we can hook up and meet. I'd appreciate someone (who REALLY knows the area) to show me how to get to the Ocean. I'm good in the Ocean, and have the Stu Jones' inland route saved on my GPS, but would be VERY nervous to follow the inland route alone.

Anyone else I might follow/run with to KW.

*Better question -- anyone have the waypoints from Plantation Key ramp to the Ocean?

[email protected]

CustomRigger101 12-02-2003 01:05 PM

it's all no wake on the weekends.. only weeks can you open her up all the way to 25.. :D

lucy 12-02-2003 01:09 PM

run offshore.

CustomRigger101 12-02-2003 01:17 PM

Originally posted by lucy
run offshore.
exactly

rchevelle71 12-02-2003 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Joe
rchevelle,
Thinking about running from Miami to KW in Feb.. Otherwise, I'm launching from either the crappy ramp in Marathon (which I usually am only able to get the boat off/on the trailer at exact high tide!) or further N. in Plantation key (which I hear is nice - but nervous about navigating it. Haven't used this ramp b4).

If you're interested, e-mail me your number. Maybe we can hook up and meet. I'd appreciate someone (who REALLY knows the area) to show me how to get to the Ocean. I'm good in the Ocean, and have the Stu Jones' inland route saved on my GPS, but would be VERY nervous to follow the inland route alone.

Anyone else I might follow/run with to KW.

*Better question -- anyone have the waypoints from Plantation Key ramp to the Ocean?

[email protected]

I have never done the run to the keys thing, I am relatively new down here, and only run a 23 foot boat, I am good in the ICW from Palm Beach inlet to a little past Haulover in Miami, but never ran the boat to the keys by water. I have done a lttle running in Marathon(used the hotels ramp), and Some Key West(used Boyds campground ramp)(OK, we tore up the island doin High speed laps aroud it in my buddies Pantera for a few hours) But there are some others on OSO that are down here, and could probably help out with the route, from what I hear, you just follow any one of the channels out(stay in the damn channel, it gets shallow QUICK!!!!), then run about a half mile offshore til ya get where ya need to be, and find a channel back in.

Definitely would like to hook up though, anyone who gets down here to South Florida, and wants to go get a few beers, and talk boats, or give me a ride on your boat, or if ya dont mind runnin on the little boat go for a ride, feel free to call me I have been known to go on a few spur of the moment boat rides!!!!

954-254-0414.

Rick

R Addiction 12-02-2003 01:35 PM

Y'all ain't skeered are ya? Shoot, ifin's you gots one of dem dare Cigar boats the poelece ain't got a snowballs chance in Hell!!!!;) :p

Unless you live there and know the waters it's intimidating!!! :eek: