Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This is a really dumb question, but... >

This is a really dumb question, but...

Notices

This is a really dumb question, but...

Old 12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Im pretty sure there is a "flusher" on ours, but I dont know where it would empty to (unless it goes under the seat itself), oh well thats beside the fact we never use ours, unless there is an emergency of course.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you have got to use the blue stuff that they use for holding tanks in your porta potti or I agree with the other posts and take the thing out....

It usually has some type of indication on the front of how full it it. It will turn from green to red. I just take it out and flush it. First time I nearly wore a gas mask just to be sure but the blue stuff works real well to keep the it manageable

Mike
Old 12-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

there are no supid questions... only stupid people...
Old 12-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know this could make a great post with a poll. I have never used mine as well. I even sold my one boat and forgot to put it back in so I have one in my garage.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a neighbor that ticks you off just dump it into his yard Then hose the living hell out of it.
But if all possible leave it at home! No need to do the gag thing
Old 12-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never have used it. It has always sat on a shelf in the garage (where it belongs)
Old 12-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I have a good story too. I keep my porta potti on board mainly for the wife and daughter. I RARELY use it. I must say though, if you are out on the water and a real gut wrencher comes along it is nice to have. Back to the story, since I don't use it much I pay little attention to it's status. One day I was out on the water and I was really "perculating". So, I went down in the cabin to take care of business. When I went to flush it, the holding tank was full to the top. So, the current contents of the bowl could not go down. Boy was I pissed. I closed the lid and headed for the marina at a very slow pace trying to avoid anything coming out. I made it back without any spillage. I emptied it out, filled it back up and put it back in the boat.

I don't think emptying those things out is as big of a deal as some make it to be. It helps keeps the wife happy. You know the saying "If she's not happy, nobody is.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

The 'UN-USED' ones can make a nice cooler in a pinch! Although it could be kinda tough to explain to the local water patrol 'that it's only melted ice that I'm dumping in the water, sir.'
Old 12-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by RebarBox
The 'UN-USED' ones can make a nice cooler in a pinch! Although it could be kinda tough to explain to the local water patrol 'that it's only melted ice that I'm dumping in the water, sir.'

Lol, also for people didnt know that it was being used as a cooler, they would also wonder about you a little!!
Old 12-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tie a line to it and throw it overboard while no one is looking.

Quick Reply: This is a really dumb question, but...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.